Help with "Round Brick 2 x 2 with Dome Top (30367)"

I have a big problem identifying the right part while parting out a set.
There are 3 different catalog entries, but all are showing the same pictures.

Can someone please explain the difference between them?
http://brickowl.com/search/catalog?query=30367

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you click on one of the items you will see 1 has a recessed solid stud and the other 2 have a safety stud,(one with and one without an axle holder).

Recessed solid: This means if you look into the top stud, you will see it go down, and at the bottom it will be solid meaning you can not see through the part.

Recessed safety stud: This means if you look into the stud, you should actually be able to see all the way through the entire part. This was created so if a child swallows a LEGO piece, they should still be able to breath.

One of the recessed studs has an axle holder and one does not. I do not have them in my inventory to give you an accurate description of the with/without axle portion. I would ASSUME the one with the axle holder has a + type bottom and the other does not?

If you click into any of the 3 images, then above the blue "comes in" button. You will see 3 greyish links. This will tell you which one of the 3 types you are viewing. You can switch variations by clicking these boxes if you know which one you have.

Hope I was of assistance.
    Chris
  • The 2 variants that say safety stud refer to the stud having air holes in it, in case it is swallowed. The other variant doesn't have this, so you cannot see through the stud.

The 2 variants with the safety stud differ on the bottom of the piece. One variant can grip an axle and one cannot.
  • They have better names now, should help with telling the difference
  • Good explanations. Thank You, it was very helpfull!
    And thanks for changing names.