PayPal fee for Customer protection

Hey Hey,

am new to all this stuff, just trying to sell a few of our extra pieces here on BO.

People tend to use PayPal payment option for commercial Orders with protection, but not adding up the fee to the sent money if they want the protection. Family and friends is ignored as option to save fees.

How do you guys handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Gunny

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You cannot use Friends & Family to avoid fees, and you cannot pass PayPal fees on to the buyer.
  • Ok, I see. Thats why I am asking. Thank you
  • You are making a sale, if you want to cover part of the business expenses just increase the shipping cost and/or price of the items.
  • Yes Stellar, I had to increased it last August due to BL charging VAT. I am sure many sellers now increasing it to cover the VAT charges which i got hit of £26 and £17 Sept. Used to be £1 packaging/handling costs for 7 years now between £1.05 to £1.15. My former neighbour who only sell in BL also put up prices as well.
  • And to be clear, by virtue of the name, PayPal Family and Friends is for passing money between family and friends - you're running a business, not selling to your family - hence, PayPal's terms (if too many abuse that over time, they'll eventually take it away which hurts every PayPal user). ;-)

We're all expected to build fees, packaging costs, profit margin, etc., into the actual product price - part of the calculations into standing up your store. :-) Hope this helps, and good luck with your store!
  • Thank you guys, very much appreciated :blush: