Hello folks

Hi folks, I am new on the block and some of you will have had my custom already. Basically I am a forty year old child who loves technic lego and has recently started collecting again. It all started with an accident at work that has left me with a damaged back and shoulder, being a biker I had to satisfy my addiction somehow and discovered a Technic Dirtbike, which was quickly followed by a Technic Quadbike. From there I scoured e-Bay and found a green dirtbike with smaller wheels, and before I knew it my collection started getting out of hand. >:)

I have since started up again with building my own models and as such the bits in the sets can be a bit limiting, hence finding you lot and your precious resource, a lego equivalent of a diamond mine if you will. I also discovered that there are some very good books about building techniques out there too which means when I am not building, I can read about building.

Anyway, that is me and a big thank you to all of the shops that have had my custom so far. The service has been excellent and you should all be proud of what you have built here. I am off to browse the parts pages again as I look for inspiration for new builds. 3:-O

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • |You still biking ?
    I am waiting delivery on a new honda grom , mini hooligan bike , cheaper to drop than my africa twin .
  • Yes, I am still biking, but with a little more care these days. I have a semi custom SV650S that I have modified to be able to work with my shoulder and back injury. Basically I have fitted high rise Renthals, more padding in the seat, a throttle paddle, double bubble screen, Beowulf can, tail tidy, Hugger and adjustable CNC brake and clutch levers. The next upgrade is hopefully going to be a modified Yam R1 front end and a new rear shock.

On days when I cannot ride I will sit and work on Lego projects or work on the bike. I recently made a You tube video on brake servicing for the callipers on my bike. People often think that it is strange for a girl to also be mechanically able, but I think that playing with Lego as a child gave me a mechanical sympathy that enables me to understand machines.

Good luck with the new Honda, it looks a lot of fun. I saw many similar machines being used while trekking around Thailand last year, they look like scaled down full size bikes and make a noise that is most appealing. :D