Consider Adding BO Catalog Entry Display Area for Variant Images

As discussed under https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/10511/headlight-brick-4070-slot-or-no-slot, this is for voting (vote for this entry on the forum discussion list), to consider adding a display (when applicable) on BO catalog entries that have variations.

This could be a new tab, an icon a user can click, etc., that when accessed shows any submitted image(s) comparing and contrasting that part's known variants, saving users from having to visit each variant entry one by one and attempt to discern the differences themselves (a big timesavings for items with three or four variations, such as some arches).

The option would only display when applicable.

Several catalog entries show this as an alternate image which shows each variation and its BO name/ID in one image. This would be where that image would reside.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I definitely support this idea, it took me quite a while to sort out what some of them mean. And sometimes I think I understand and then later I realise I got that wrong and I've been selling the wrong thing. And there are some that I still go back and check time after time because I'm not confident that I've understood, the + or x axle holder orientation for example.
  • That's absolutely a great idea to show up variations. Sometimes it's quite difficult to understand the differences only by the part description. In my database I have set-up a system for my employees that they can directly see existing variations with a more detailed description and detailed images.
    Thumb up for this great idea to improve Brick Owl Quality.
This discussion has been closed.