"Active" carts

Hello all.

How much should i count on the active carts to be a possible sale ? Over these last 2 weeks i have had 1 sale, and at the highest i think i had 9 carts active.

Is this a normal trend here, and if so, how many do you have in your shop (sellers) :-)
Anyway, as said it has been 2 weeks now, and i am just happy that people are interested in some of my legos and sets.
Since i cant see what is in the carts!? i guess i just have to wait and see if they turn into a sale!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I usually have around 30 active carts. This number goes up and down in waves (down to 20 and up to 40) but I haven't noticed it correlates with sales. September has been pretty slow here but right now I have...(checking)... 50 active carts, just to show off ;)
  • HAHA damn, okay my 7 is not much then :-D
    But yes, it has been some slow or rather "stand still" month. But hopefully now the colder weather is coming, people will go indoors and play with their Lego :-P
  • I've always likened active carts to people in a supermarket with a basket or trolley; they may add things to the basket, they may put something back, and they may decide to not buy anything at all. I guess the number of active carts depends on many factors, such as store size and variety of parts. In your case you have a little over 1,500 items across 200+ lots, whereas @Pikka has 220,000 items, so it follows that they will attract more potential customers. I have a little over 33,00 items and currently have 15 active carts, although it has stayed pretty static the last couple of days, despite having had some orders, which will obviously increase and decrease the number at the same time.

Best not to get too hung up on it. As you rightly point out, you can't see who has an active cart, how long they've had it or what's in it, nor can you influence whether they convert to an order. I think I'd be more concerned if it dropped to zero... :'(
  • Yes as a newly store, i am just glad that i have something people want :-P
    But nice to know about the carts, i will let it be and just hope that someone will buy once in a while.

For now this is just a hobby of mine, so any sale is worth it :-)
  • My numbers are similar to Pikka's in terms of active carts (tho I def don't have 50 right now, lol)... we are def seeing the September slowdown right now, which we've always seen as a combination of folks back to school/post summer break and our heavily hit inventory from earlier in the year (January through July was just nuts over here, I think a combo of Lego Masters's success and stay-at-home orders!) that we haven't had enough time to restock yet. Past years show this as our slowest time of year, also. For us, it usually picks back up around November, better in December, and nuts in January (which is weird, you'd think that would be the reverse, but three years of data show that for us - though I suspect its in part because we do a massive restock over three weeks "day job" leave in December). :-)
  • Haha great to know all these data point as what to expect :-D

So yeah, hopefully this has been a good time to set up shop, then i can get into it all and be ready when people begin to want Lego again :-)