Rounding prices

My prices are in Czech Crowns and I manually round them to the first decimal. In my case it's a matter of clarity and aesthetics. Nevertheless, if I decide to bulk change prices by a certain percentage, it all turns into a three-decimal mess and I have to start this tedious process of adjusting again. So, would it be possible to introduce an option to automatically round prices to the first or the second decimal place? Please upvote if this suggestion makes sense to you as well.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited September 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Even if your prices are in dollars, pounds or euros, the third decimal (a value that's less than a cent or a penny) doesn't do any good either. Or am I missing something and there is a reason for keeping it?
  • The third decimal place does have a use. If I am selling something for $0.015, then I am getting $0.03 for every two that someone buys, instead of $0.02 if I kept it at $0.01.
  • edited September 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sure, anything bought or sold in bulk can have prices going into many decimals. Luckily, BrickOwl catalog prices are rounded to the second decimal place. Otherwise, it would look like exchange rates table.
    As a side note, I didn't know that retail gas prices in the US are priced in tenths of cents and there are historical reasons for that: https://gizmodo.com/why-gas-is-priced-in-tenths-of-cents-1697431140
  • I adore the third decimal place for exactly the reason Firestar states... and the reality is, some parts sell for LESS than 0.01, e.g., a technic black pin. :-)
  • We have added an option to the mass inventory updating page, to round your prices to 2 decimal places. We wouldn't be to do this as an automatic process, or have it apply to items on sale. Anyone viewing your store in a different currency, will see a converted price with whatever decimal places are appropriate.
  • Thanks for implementing this suggestion, I really appreciate it!
  • Sounds like a great win-win, Lawrence!
This discussion has been closed.