Does the Customer see the tracking link on the order details page?

I have a customer that of course figured out how to leave me neutral feedback instead of contacting me about their order that was just shipped on Dec 30th, the very same day the order was placed. Their feedback indicates they have no way of knowing how it was shipped or what the tracking number is for even though I see a handy little link that pops up the entire USPS.com tracking right on the order page and the method is even indicated when they order. Do they not see this on their end? Kinda frustrating to get another feedback like this on here instead of contacting me. Of course it shows being processed near them today which is pretty much right on time given the New Year's holiday...but doesn't matter I guess as feedback was already left.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The customer is shown the same tracking and shipping info you see. They are also sent it in the shipping email. On the feedback form they are asked to make contact before leaving non positive feedback. After the order arrives, you can politely request they remove it.
  • Thanks for the quick response Lawrence. I figured they could see it. Wish I could respond to the feedback stating the tracking and link are clearly provided on the order details screen and that it is on time. Its just disheartening when I go to my storefront and see this feedback on the right hand side of the screen in the "recent feedback" with no ability to really respond to it. I let these things get to me for some reason when its clearly out of my control I guess.
  • Hi Patrick,

This won't help now, but it may in the future. I was just reviewing my shipping methods and noticed the box "Tracking Advice." I just went through and entered information for my methods, not sure if you are already using it.

Kyle
  • Well, after the customer received their order later the very same day they feel the neutral feedback is warranted as they were not able to click on the tracking number in the email BrickOwl sent "as most other companies do". So looks like I get to wear a neutral for that. Pretty ridiculous. Can we be allowed to edit/make our own shipment email?
  • So the customer is too lazy to go type the tracking # into usps.com and that's somehow your fault? kinda bogus. unfortunately it's the name of the game I suppose. you never know what the trigger will be for the person on the other end.
  • Yeah. Occupational hazard. I have a negative on my eBay account because a customer sent a return without postage, so I refunded everything but the postage due on delivery. The return wasn't even my fault; she didn't know about cell phone compatibility.

ugh. I better not get started. That burr is still under my saddle.