Adding parts to a set inventory

I know this is really going to sound like a stupid question but is there any point in me adding parts to a set inventory? I have jsut received a couple of sets with instructions but I am wondering is it worth it. I certainly do not mind doing it but someone at BO would have to check them. They are just the ordinary run of the mill parts nothing unusual. Just wondering???

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you mean that the sets on here currently do not have an inventory listed, but the instructions you have list the parts at the back of the booklet? If so, then yes, I would. Luckily the numbers against the parts in the instructions correspond to the correct part/colour here, so depending on the set size it shouldn't be too time consuming. Could always add a note when updating to say you have taken the info directly from the instructions, and this might save further checking.
  • @Jay37 yes the sets are currently on here but not all parts have been added. Thats what I thought it shouldnt be too time consuming and if it helps BO and all the users thats fine by me. So you do think its worth doing?
  • Definitely. The more complete set inventories are, the better it is for all of us, especially if there's a buyer looking to get parts to complete a set. I've done a couple of these myself today where the inventories were incomplete, but I had parts from those sets to list, so figured I might as well do it at the same time. Admittedly, I wouldn't do it every single time, but if (as was the case with me) the inventory was obviously incomplete with a fair chunk missing, then I think it's worth the effort.
  • @Jay37 - yes I totally agree. I have just purchased a Str Wars set and the majority of the set is missing and as you mentioned I will be selling the parts so it is worth doing and it helps us all :-)
    Thank you for your advice - again ;)