Pearl Gold shades

Would it be possible to have some sort of note show up when users select the color pearl gold explaining that there are two different shades? I've had a couple customers order pearl gold pieces from me, I sent them both color shades(I usually try to send only one shade, but sometimes that isn't possible), and when they get the pieces, they think one is a wrong color.

Just an idea! :)

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Upvoted! It seems that unlike other colours (dark red, for example) these shades of Pearl Gold can be almost a world apart. I know I've fallen into the trap of believing some are Flat Dark Gold, but discussions here suggest this is predominantly a Bionicle shade, not relating to common pieces. I've taken to adding public notes explaining shades may vary, but in some cases it is so obvious a different colour mix has been used. Does anyone know if this is a blip in LEGO's production? If I bought a brand new set today I wouldn't expect to see such a variation, so can only assume there was a period of time where their tolerance was a little lax and what we are seeing is these pieces filtering into stock.
  • edited September 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Upvoted! Right now I'm looking at four distinct shades of pearl gold in my inventory, some of them are barely gold and some are almost metallic. Also, it happens quite often that I receive parts in two different pearl gold shades in the same set.
  • @Jay37 ; I've had a couple bionicle pieces in Pearl Flat Gold; once you actually have that color on hand, you can easily tell it is a lot different than all the shades of pearl gold. As far as I know, pearl gold is a sensitive color so whenever Lego makes a batch the color can vary.
This discussion has been closed.