Complete vs Parted out?

BWABWA
edited January 2014 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi All,

We've just obtained a "rather" big batch of unsorted Lego. It seems there are a lot of "complete" Star Wars Sets..., question is what to do?

1. Complete the Star Wars Sets (incl. minifigs) and sell those (rest as parts)
2. Sell the complete Star Wars Minifigs (and sell the rest as parts)
3. Part everything and sell as such....,

NB.: at least 10 complete sets/or 50+ SW minifigs....,

What's your opinion?

Rgds

BWA

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ah, my wife and I went through this mid July and I am still listing items from the "stash." Our approach was to take the instructions which were included (assuming yours has instructions) and piecing together the high value sets as "Used/Complete." Then we pulled out all minifigure pieces and made minifigures for all of the licensed themes. All others are being sold as torsos, heads, ect. The bricks, we sold on Craigslist as a bulk lot. Being a tax accountant with our third baby on the way, we didn't have the time to sort and list 30lbs worth of LEGO.

Hope this helps!

Kyle
  • I had this happen too over the summer. We ended up just going to part them all out. The wife and I decided the time it would take to sift through the extra large lot of LEGO parts would out weight the benefits of piecing them together as sets.
    Then again, it would just depend if yours had instructions (ours didn't) and if you can determine the value on them if it is worth it.

Good luck!
  • I have WAY more fun selling parts, than 1 set in a week, so I'd part them out.