Searching on brickowl

Hello,

I recently installed brickpacker and now can also used bricklink that is where this question comes from. I do not want to start a discussion which is better I like both.

My question is what am I doing wrong on searching? When i type for example plate 1x1 i get so many weird results and plate 1x1 is not even the first match .... do you have any advice on how to search properly?

The other issue i have is finding minifig parts like torsos. How can i find something other than browsing true these lists like I have been doing? When i type on bricklink Black hips gold it shows all the black hips with gold in them and on BO i get the weirdest hits...

Also could you add an option to not show items without pictures? And add an option to add 100 items per page? It makes no sense for me showing items without pictures as we will never find the item with no picture and this horrific inconsistent item naming.

I like what you have done with the new pictures of minifig parts :) Looks very good!
If any1 has any suggestions on how to make my searches more precise it would be highly appreciated!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Try searching with results organized by Default. All the results you'll get ARE 1 x 1 plates: some are round, some with clips, some with tabs. The one you are looking for is in the first line – not bad! ;)
  • Also, when I know for sure what a title is, like in your example, I search on (USE the quotemarks) "plate 1 x 1" which will also help constrain the results. :-)

I personally have no conquered the best way to find torsos... a lot of that has to do with the growing improvement of keyword additions. As more and more people add keywords ("tags") to catalog entries, this will definitely improve, but for now it can be rough unless it's a specific character's torso. I do search on generic words, like (no quote marks) "torso red arms" then slim the results down using the color picker on the left (e.g., to thin it out to only display yellow torsos). That does help a lot.

Unsure BO admin will spot your suggestions as they're kind of in the middle of the message, you may want to create a new message under SUGGESTIONS, call it something like Search Improvements, then paste those two ideas there (I would certainly upvote them, I like the option of showing 100 a LOT). :-)