Buyer hasn't paid enough postage

Hi - I am new to Brickowl and have a customer from Austria who has paid my UK postage rate (I specify that I only send to the UK). I am happy to send abroad in this instance but how do I request more money for postage? I would appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You have a shipping method that covers a lot of countries, you probably want to delete that. I think the only way to change the postage amount would be to message the buyer and explain, cancel the order and ask the buyer to redo it. They might not be happy about that, after all, they followed your shipping settings. Personally I would cover the extra cost myself and say my mistake, lesson learned.
  • If you specify that you only ship to UK, you should probably edit your shipping methods that allow other countries to buy from you so that they can't.

Also, on a separate note, isn't it nearly impossible to ship to Australia right now? I've been seeing several sellers saying that packages they've shipped to Australia are getting returned to them.
  • Tilly, I would echo part of Mrs. Swoop's statement - honor the price this round and take the loss, but be sure to fix your shipping settings to prevent the next round. The customer paid what the store advised them to (my respectful two cents). I recall having a typo in my shipping rates when I did the annual update, so a very lucky customer got overnight mail for $35.00 less than they should have, lol... believe me, I'm more careful now when I do my postage price rates. ;-)
  • Thank you so much for your helpful comments. I will honour the price this time and learn from my error. :)
  • That's awesome of you, @tilly! Unsure how it works in the UK, but in the US, we can write all shipping costs off on our biz taxes, so you can recoup the $$ in that manner. :-)
  • I have had no trouble shipping to Australia?
  • The OP said Austria. But Australia did block incoming parcels at one point but the channels are open again.