Are you providing refunds?

It appears that USPS is also affecting us; no surprise there.

I have a customer whose order shipped on 8/4 and is still en route. USPS tracking states that it's in transit but will arrive later than expected.

I'm going to provide the refund because it's what the customer requested, but is anyone else having issues? Should I send a message ahead of shipping that notifies people that their order might take longer to arrive??

Thank you for your ideas. :)
Andi

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can amend your shipping methods to include a short message advising of shipping delays. Mine all say "delivery is taking between 2 and 6 times longer than usual" and this is based off what customers are telling me. I think it probably has cost me some sales but rather that than send refunds. I have refunded 3 over Covid-19 delays, and all 3 - 1 here on BO and 2 on Ebay - eventually informed me the parcel had turned up. 2 re-sent the cash.
  • I've only gotten one refund request. From California to Kentucky the package did not arrive. At 30 days I gave a refund. My international buyers are advised to wait 8 weeks. So far no requests for refunds from international orders.
  • I have a wildly patient customer (who happens to be an eBay seller, so they are more empathetic than the typical buyer) who has had their package sitting at the LA Distribution Center since 7/28. I've offered to refund them, but they're willing to give it a wee bit more time. I will absolutely refund anyone, as nonarrival isn't the customer's fault - and us businesses can write the loss off of our taxes, which the buyers cannot, ya know? Fortunately, it's only been the one so far though!