Maybe our last MOC...

Call it Wanderlust building amidst Covid, here is a Venice shorefront restaurant, as we might envision it...if we are ever able to go there... :)

Keep saying to everyone, Please post a picture of your MOCs, you are so imaginative! Know you love LEGO and would love to see these!

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oh my, this is your usual GORGEOUS work!!! I love the river... so beautiful! But please say it ain't so re maybe your last MOC, you are both way too talented to stop!!! :-)
  • Thanks, @Calibrick - you can always be counted on for an encouraging word here. We have to say a big Shout Out Thanks! to you and other sellers, including @firestar246 , who have enabled us to do some creative things or recreate sets. We are running out of room to express ourselves Lego-wise. That said, there is always the revision and additions...and yes, another MOC idea has emerged just going through largely parts on hand and Happy Places we remember from childhood.
    Have already revised this and plan to put a walk-down to the piazza...later...maybe a lobster tank where we do a Slo-Mo video of the lobster escaping and making his way to the Aquarium, to look longingly and knock on the glass in the park.
    Thank you for the parts @Calibrick and here are some revisions, thanks also to @brixalotl where an Opera Diva resides in the apartment above the Venice restaurant.
    We really want to see others' MOC's to learn better building...
  • Loving the diva, what a great idea! And I agree, we need to get more MOCers posting here and sharing their awesome work! :-)
  • Wow such talent! dream of making these kind of structures! how do you come up with the ideas ?
  • @One_Click_Off : didn't even realize you had bought from us at one point, glad we were able to help out! :) The builds look great!
  • @unbrickable , funny you should say “dream” of making these kind of structures ( Earliest thread from us is I Dream in LEGO) because these ideas wake me up. We continue to add extra features as we see other inspiring MOCs. The park with swan boats (From the LEGO carousel) came from growing up in a small town in Indiana where there was a carousel by a famous designer in a park across from our Victorian home, and merging that with our time in Boston visiting a downtown park with the Swan boats. The Aquarium came from our time in D.C. taking the kids to the national gallery on the mall with its Aquarium wall Underground next to the cafe. Our mid century restaurant is the former Sambo’s here in Tucson midtown that was a favorite destination. We have other smaller MOCs but these are the largest. Our next is a days gone by Cafeteria, from shared childhood memories of these 60’s to 70’s delicious spots in so many cities and towns.
    Venice was special, from a dream, when we didn’t even realize we may be missing the chance to see it sometime and just going off great 60’s movies and google images of restaurants tucked in a back canal with flower boxes dripping from the apartments above.
    Everything we MOC has the theme Happy Place 😊
  • Oh my, I love the old cafeteria idea! I have fond memories of going to old Woolworth's cafeteria with my Mom when I was a little tyke - it was exciting to a not-yet-in-school kid to pick the food I wanted! (and they had jell-o, lol).
  • Oh Yes, @Calibrick , there will be Jell-O, courtesy of You (!) and the extra 1x1 round trans-color tiles on hand we didn’t use in the Hippie Apartment 😉.
  • I adore you both, @One_Click_Off!!! I can't wait for you to post it here down the road... I'll have completely forgotten about it at that point and will get the joy of the memory all over again (even if there isn't Jell-o, lol)! :-)
  • @One_Click_Off thats even cooler than you have a fond memories of all these places ! nice!