API /ORDER/LIST HELP PLEASE

Would it be possible to add more Data/Columns to the API /order/list ???

I REALLY need to know.. Either the "Shipping Cost" or "Parts Sale Total"

Right now, the only information you receive is the order total including the shipping fees.
I need to know the shipping cost and parts cost separately.

When going to: MyStore/Orders/Download.. that Data is perfect, over-kill even :) Can you add some more data to the API "LIST" Please ????

Thank you !!!

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you use the /order/view endpoint that will give you all the necessary information
  • Sorry man... you have to dumb it down a little more for me...

"/order/view endpoint" brings an error.. I want a full list of all orders. What do I use instead of (view endpoint) ??
  • https://api.brickowl.com/v1/order/view?key=

This gives me error: Request failed: Server responded with an error (400)
  • Yes, but you need to add "&order_id=XXXXXXXX" at the end.
  • Please be patient with me... this is my 1st time messing around with this API stuff...

Ok.. I got ONE full order to come up with all the info I could ever want...
    Now how do I get ALL my orders to come up at once with ALL the information for ALL of them ?

This string worked perfect for the one order#
    https://api.brickowl.com/v1/order/view&order_id=0000000?key=......
  • If you can... PLEASE add 1 more line of data to the /order/list API
    All I really need added is either "Ship Total" or "Sub Total" added.

From there I can do all the other needed calculations in my spreadsheets.
  • If you need this info for a spreadsheet then just go to https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/orders/download
  • As @Stellar indicates, the API is intended to be used programmatically. You would need to make a call to order/list to get a list of orders, and then calls to order/view in a loop, passing an order_id.
  • I'm not trying to be difficult here, but telling me to DL the entire order list, copy and paste it into my sheet every time to get a simple update does not make any sense.

My spreadsheet automatically pulls API data 4 time a day from BL and BO to keep all my sales records and charts updated... Downloading, Copy and Paste the entire order list every time I want the charts to update does not seem like a very good solution. Its just a matter of adding 1 more data field the the API. If someone is trying to track their profits... it is impossible with the current API. Without opening every single order and seeing what the shipping cost was, or downloading the entire order history and copying that information, the "base_order_total" in the API is kind of useless, as it is the total of your sale and the shipping fee. There is no way to track your sales vs shipping vie the API easily.

Below is a screenshot of my report. This is fully automated aside form the BO sales/shipping date which is being "fudged" by using a % of sales as the shipping amount taken from the DL Stellar suggested, which will never be correct, and will need to be manually updated all the time.
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I only played with the APIs a teeny bit once using Postman, but I did find that Postman's user guides combined with the API instructions/examples here on BO under the API link on the bottom right of this page really helped me figure out how to get what I wanted, as a fellow non-programmer.

I'm not sure BO itself is really responsible for providing API programming guidance, though this is DEF the best place to post to get guidance from other API users! :-) (if I had any idea at all, I would cheerfully help you here, believe me! <s>). Good luck, I hope some far more knowledgeable folks than I respond (I am pretty confident they will, people here are wildly helpful). :-)
  • I'm not asking for guidance. I understand what the API does now.

I am asking BO to provide more information in the API than they currently offer.
    Right now, BO offers only (7) data columns in the API, I am asking then to add an 8th data column.
    I need / ship_total / added to the: GET https://api.brickowl.com/v1/order/list API call
    This information IS available, but only by looking up EVERY order ONE AT A TIME now.

Current API Data: GET https://api.brickowl.com/v1/order/list
    order_id / order_date / total_quantity / total_lots / base_order_total / status / status_id

Needed API Data:
    order_id / order_date / total_quantity / total_lots / base_order_total / ship_total /status / status_id
  • The info you want can be gotten via API, only not in 1 call, you have to change your methods to get the info you want.
    You have to make it a 2 step thing.
    1 get all new order ID's
    2 from that list get all info you want per order ID
    It now looks like you are calling it manually and by hand getting those numbers into your sheet, that is not what the API is intended for.
    The API is intended to be used in a program to do this, not by hand.

The limitation on the API is there for a reason, the more data the API is calling, the more traffic and load on the servers. And you 'only' want 1 thing, but maybe later another, and maybe other people want something else. Before you know 1 API call has to provide every detail of every order there is. And that could become a heavy load on BO servers.