Editing text in the main search box

I've just found it impossible to edit typed text in the main search box – no matter where I try to insert cursor, after clicking the whole phrase is selected. The only option is to delete everything and start again. Other search boxes (e.g. one at the Forum page) work just fine.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Okay, I've now disabled that behaviour
  • Thanks! Was there any good reason for implementing that behavior?
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If it worked it would be a great implementation. Most of the times when you click again in the search box is to search for something different.

Sometimes you add something and sometimes you need to edit the search.

That it what was happening to you, and it seems the code was not ready to support this behaviour.

I would like to see it return, but if this is fixed.

PD: this is working with the Qty: box inside stores without problems.

Thanks
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Stellar I usually search for something like "Red Cros Doctor". After getting no results, I realize I misspelled "Cross". Instead of typing the whole phrase, I just add one letter.
    If I want to search for something different I prefer to double or triple-click (to select the whole line) and type a new keyword.
    Also I checked the behavior of the Qty box you mentioned. Let's say I want to change quantity of Black Technic Pins from 3840 to 3849. Instead of placing cursor and replacing "0" with "9", I have to type a whole new number... and then I forget what the original number was. OK, this is an extreme example, because Qty is usually not that large, but you got the idea. :smiley: