Postage rates to rise again!

Hi everyone in the UK,

Royal Mail has announced another price increase, this time it includes letters/large letters and parcels to countries not affected by the July price increase (as far as I can see). New prices take effect September 1st.

Details are here: https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020

Rich

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • looks like it is only for international mail, correct?
  • Just printed the new price list and compared against the previous one, and looks like domestic is unaffected, but looks like everything international (from standard letter through to parcel) is affected and the World Zone 3 (USA) is now applied to letters too. Looks like another cup of tea and rejigging postage is the order of the day...
  • Yes just confirmed with my PO its for overseas only. Apparently because of the Covid Royal Mail have to pay more on planes etc - well thats what Royal Mail are saying!!!!
  • I suspect they are being honest! My understanding is that mail is often shipped overseas on normal passenger flights - pretty certain that the Royal Mail don't have a fleet of aircraft of their own - which are still nowhere near 'normal'. If their choices are more limited they may be having to pay higher prices to send on non-passenger flights (piggybacking with other courier services perhaps). I have sent a couple of orders recently to the US and Australia, and they have all arrived fairly quickly, and certainly a lot faster than they had a month or so ago. Of course I don't know for sure, and could be talking utter rubbish!!