Shipping methods - What did you do?

Hello everyone,

I just set up shop on this website and I'm trying to set up my shipping options. Right now I have my first class international and first class set up, but I'm not sure what to put in the dimension limitation because on the USPS website first class items cannot have 1 dimension over 12 inches. I'm just curious what other people put. When I experiment and put a lego box in my cart it chooses a shipping method that wouldn't fit.

Also, does anyone know the percentage of savings you get when you ship with paypal? I would like to adjust my shipping prices to that price instead or maybe set up another shipping method for paypal buyers.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry, I do not have time for a very thorough answer, but you can ship any item(paid by paypal or not) via paypal.com/shipnow

I use this for all my first class domestic orders. Just thought I would let you know, that the payment does not have to be through paypal to use their postage discounts.

Regards,

Patrick
  • I say First Class/Standard on my shipping option. Standard post can be larger and heavier. Once I reach the weight limit for First class, I fill in for the standard prices.
    For the dimensions, I just use the dimensions for the biggest box I am able to purchase at a reasonable price. The dimensions is just so the automated system can make sure the parts can fit in your package.

Chris
  • Thanks for the input guys.