Beta Performance stats timeframe?

I really like the Beta Performance stats, but they don't really help much as I don't know the timeframe for them. Lifetime, last month, last week? Honestly, the last 30 days would be the most helpful, or maybe it could correspond with whatever timeframe I choose on the dashboard.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Good point, I hadn't considered that - linking that to the overall dashboard is a great idea (to scope the duration so you can see increases/decreases in performance too!). :-)
  • very good point, would be nice to see the stats from this month, past 30 days (so you can see a improvement or not haha) and a lifetime stat.
  • Exactly! Currently I think it's set to lifetime. It's showing my average dispatch time as 3.1 though I know that can't be the case for the past month as I've been overwhelmed with orders (good problem!) and it's been taking longer than that to get orders out. Lifetime is cool to see, though not really useful.
  • They have tooltips if you hover with the mouse:

-The average dispatch time of your orders, within the last 90 days. It is based on when an order was paid and excludes weekends.

-The average time taken to reply to messages. It is based on when messages are replied to, excluding weekends.
  • I did not know that @Stellar , thanks for the info!
  • On dispatch time. So we know when the clock starts. However on the other end is that when order is marked shipped? When tracking info is provided? Or when it shows up in the postal system? And is the day counted as 9-5? Or something else?

If these figures are to be shared with customers, which could be helpful if a customer needs something quick, then the danger of accepting “shipped” status (if that’s what it is) would be what happens on eBay and Amazon. Seller marks shipped, but doesn’t actually ship until a day or two later.
  • It's been quite a motivator for me. Down to 0.9 working days now.

It would be great if this were on the storefront - where it says 'despaches in 1-3 days' it would be useful as a buyer to see 'planned despatch in 1-3 days (currently XX days)' to reflect actual performance.
  • @graham It must be when you marked shipped. 90% of my orders aren't tracked so it can't be any of the other things you mentioned.
  • @White Horse Bricks - the problem with making these stats public is that they don't take into account national holidays, and that would be a nightmare for BO to account for. I received a warning the other day saying 3 orders had not been shipped within my specified timescale, but BO wasn't accounting for the fact that we had a national holiday here.

Some countries - the UK and Belgium being two of them - have different days in different parts of the country, so it would be nigh on impossible to accurately record performance in this regard.
  • I always respond to all the messages within hours, so I was surprised to learn my average response time was 2.3 working days. Then I realized I sometimes forget to mark some of them as "no response needed". Other than that, I found no use of the these performance stats.
  • @Pikka if you work with multiple people it's also fun and a goal to meet your set goals, they love it over here, they a proud to have it within the range we have set out :D and if its not how can we improve. wouldnt make it public as the same reasons @Hoddie mentioned
  • As the number is based from a 90 day average, I can't see a bank holiday would make much impact to your average. Certainly not compared to the other stores in your country who will obviously have the same holiday.

I think the biggest likely issue would be sellers lying about when they have posted items to fudge the figure. Can't see a way around that.
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Since my last comment a week ago my average response time has increased from 2.3 to 2.7 days, despite replying within a matter of hours. What gives?
  • @pikka As it's a rolling 90day figure, maybe some super quick responses dropped off the record, and you have some longer figures in the middle of the time period that are still being counted.
  • @White Horse Bricks Thanks for a possible explanation, that makes sense.