Bricksync EORROR

Hi, does anyone know what this error could mean with Bricksync? Just updated latest version and get this error when trying to do blmaster on / off. Reverted to old file which worked fine prior and same error. Has forced me to close my shop until I can get working. Thanks....

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What does it say in the log file?
  • This is the dump it gave me:
    ==== HEADERS ====
    HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests
    Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 15:57:06 GMT Server: Apache Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=86400; includeSubDomains X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 1978 05:00:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Content-Length: 0 Connection: close Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

==== DATA ====
    ==== END ====
  • The error there is "Too Many Requests" which means Bricksync is making thousands of requests a minute. BS users almost never hit this, do you have multiple copies of it running? Or possibly check if theres some setting to slow it down.
  • To be honest this is the first time it has happened since I opened my store, only one version running and re-booted to clear any stray instances running. I've just ran it again and it has synced so I'll give it an hour and re-open but this happened just after I ran the latest bricksync.exe. I'll stick with this version I have and just forgo any new colour adds as I really don't want to close the store again. Thanks for looking at it Lawrence.
  • When you installed the new BS did you amend the config file to put your own keys/IP in?
  • No but I've never done that with previous updates either, in fact since I originally set up Bricksync I've not touched the keys at all and they've always worked okay till now. It seems to be okay now so I am reluctant to touch it again. I only updated to get the new colours I have listed over to Brickowl.
  • I don't know how this third-party update has been supplied. If it came with a config file, that may be the cause of your earlier issue. Official BS updates wouldn't have changed the config file.
  • brickadoon's update is just a new bricksync.exe file that should be copied over the old one. It would not have changed anything in the config. It should just work if you originally had a 64 bits Windows version of Bricksync.

It works fine for me. When I updated I just quit Bricksync, copied the new bricksync.exe over the old one and started Bricksync again. After that I did a sync brickowl to get the parts in new colors synced and it's been working fine since then.