Help! I messed up an upload

I’m hoping someone can help me solve this problem I’ve given myself...

I’m running across both platforms using Bricksync, I just did a large upload to BL in “blmaster” mode, however I must have neglected to select consolidate. And now have numerous unconsolidated lots.
Is there a way to back track and re upload?

Bricksync will have the file before the upload, but how would I go about reverting to that file without deleting my entire inventory?

My Stores are closed until I can resolve this
it’s close to 400 lots which will take a very long time To manually sort it out

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • New lots? Sadly I don't think so... If it was a matter of parting out too many of a set, it's easy to "part-out" another negative of that set, but duplicate lots I believe need to be cleaned up manually and then resynced. Hopefully someone else knows of another way though that would make it easier.
  • It was 4 copies of the same set, so I Could upload a negative 4 of that, however it may then subtract from the wrong lot?
  • I don't have BrickSync any more but here's what I'd do.

1) Close Bricksync if it's running
    2) Copy the entire Bricksync folder someplace safe - your desktop for example.
    3) Find the backup you're sure is correct - obviously you need the one from just before the erroneous changes were propagated into the master inventory.
    4) Note the filename of the master inventory bsx file in the BrickSync folder, then delete it and replace it with the backup file, renaming it as necessary.
    5) Load Bricksync and use the Verify command.
    6) Quickly review the summary, then close Bricksync so it doesn't make any actual updates.
    7) Check the log file (should be somewhere in the Bricksync folder) that was created at step (5) to make sure it would remove the items you expect it to remove.
    8) If all looks good, start Bricksync again and use the Sync command. If not, close Bricksync and replace the current BrickSync folder with the backup one you created at step (2). Possibly you picked the wrong backup file and can try again.
  • @Hoddie

Thanks much. I’ll bet that’ll do it. Hopefully get it sorted by this pm👍
  • Good luck, Graham, I hope it works out ok!
  • Bricksync has a consolidate command that should merge lots with identical BLID, color, condition, comments and remarks. I've never used it myself so I'm not sure which price it would pick if your lots have different prices.
  • @Hoddie
    Didn’t work, after hitting sync, bricksync immediately grabbed BrickLink inventory as master tracked inventory.

Somehow need to force bricksync as master?
  • @paulvdb

Ok thanks I’ll look into that
  • @Hoddie

IT WORKED!!!!

I wasn't typing the command correctly.

Thanks a million!!!
  • Glad to hear it :) I forgot step 9) Stop using blmaster! :tongue: