Checkout process: agree to sellers terms + button label for German buyers

Dear all,

I propose the following features for the checkout process:

1: During checkout, the customer should additionally agree to the sellers general terms and cancellation policy. Hereby the seller should have an option to link the word 'general terms' to one of its 'pages', the same for 'cancellation policy'. We have to find a gentle solution implementing this, as most sellers, especially outside of the EU, won't have cancellation policies.

2: If either shipping or billing country is Germany then the last button in the checkout process should be labeled 'zahlungspflichtig bestellen' instead of 'checkout'. It is mandatory according the German law (Button solution).

Both features help sellers form Germany to sell in accordance with the law.

Best wishes
Daniel

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could you clarify point 2, at the moment we have that text for any user with their language set to German. If it was done based on address, that would mean any people living in Germany who don't speak German wouldn't be able to read what the button says.
  • Thanks for your hint, I was not aware about the language settings - it seems BO is more mighty than I have thought before (I am really surprised). I am neither an advocat nor have one available. Then I think we should leave the situation on point 2 as it is.
  • This would be really nice
  • @dagealka on point 2 is it mandatory that the text is that when the address is in Germany or when you are a German citizen?