Kendo Jay Minifigure

A customer ordered this item from me. He messaged me to say the armour is the wrong colour - he was great about it - not complaining but just wanted me to know. The armour I sent was the Dark Stone Grey as per listing. This is the reply I received from him -
About Kendo Jay, if you compare my picture I sent you of what I received and what the minifigure looks like on the order I made, you can tell that both helmet and armour should be the same colour. All light grey for each ninja if you look it up on youtube, Samurai X should be a different grey being dark grey. Kai, Cole, Jay and Zane should have the same armour.

Can anyone shed any light on this please??

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's supposed to be Dark Stone Grey, which is what you sent him. If they need proof, they can look up one of the 2 sets the figure comes from on LEGO's parts replacement service, and it'll show. I've taken a picture from it. Yes I agree that some of the lighting makes it look lighter, but it is most definitely DG and confirmed by LEGO (you could also confirm via the instructions from either set).
  • The render on BrickOwl (and elsewhere) is indeed very light, look at the blue, it's very light as well.
    Maybe the Youtube videos have the same lighting problems.

Furthermore, the armor doesn't exist in Medium Stone Grey (or Light Gray)
  • @WESTIEKATH, I carry and sell a lot of Ninjago minifigures and echo everyone above, for what it's worth.
  • Thank you all for your comments. I have informed the customer and he appears happy :-)
    Thanks for all your help again