Stripe account?

I know this isnt really anything to do with BO but does anyone know if it is possible to keep an amount in a Stripe account. I am refunding customers for overpayment of postage costs (they are paying for parcel when items can be posted as Large letters). Stripe keep on taking money from my personal Bank Account because I have a negative balance. Does anyone know how I can keep some money in the account to stop this happening please? All this tooing and froing from accounts can be hard to keep track of.
Thanks

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't think you can, at least I haven't seen the option. I have my payout scheduled to weekly at the moment, maybe changing that to a longer period would result in fewer bank debits? Which, I agree, are bleedin' annoying, especially when there are uncaptured payments ready to be processed!
  • @Hoddie no I couldnt find anything either. Wish it was like Paypal where you just transfer the money to your bank account etc when you want to. Yes thats a good idea actually to changing the payout schedule to a longer period - I hadnt thought of that :( .
    Thaks for the advice :)
  • You can remove the payment schedule and schedule a manual transfer instead. Once you week you could transfer everything but $10.
  • You might have an option available where you can set the payout timing (same page in the Stripe dashboard as where to set the payout schedule). In my account, I can choose between several options, don't know if that is available for everybody /every country.
    The payout timing sets the waiting period between successfully receiving a payment and the payout. So, for example if it is set to 3 days: a payment received on Monday, will be eligible for payout on Thursday.

Besides that: The Stripe-counter for the payout timing only starts after the payment is captured. BrickOwl Stripe payments are only captured after order status is set to shipped (or if you do a manual capture on your Stripe dashboard. So if you do the refund just before setting status to shipped, only the adjusted order amount is captured by Stripe.
    For Bricklink orders paid with Stripe, the order amount is captured instantly, so the workaround with the refund and shipping status will not work there.
  • @Colorado Bricks and @NelisSolis thank you both for your replies. I didnt realise I could do a manual transfer - think I will go with that as I do for paypal. Just in case anyone comes back and report a missing order or not happy with a part though cant remember the later yet wink:
    I know whenever I post on here there are always people that can help and for that I very grateful. :)
  • I can't find that setting - maybe not available here?
  • This is partially location bound. Back when I lived in the Netherlands I could choose all kind of transfer options: 5 days after receipt payment, once a week, manually. I called them and they changed it to 3 days after receipt payment.

Here in the states it is a little more limited, but you should still have a few options. Have a look at Settings-> Bank Accounts & Scheduling (almost at the bottom center of the page).