Mass Inventory Update - Price option suggestion - add / remove fixed amount

I was playing around with the Mass Inventroy Update feature a few days ago and found that you can increase/decrease prices by a certain percentage, setting items to a minimum price and setting prices to average/minimum/maximum site prices. All of these seem helpful but not exactly what I was wanting to do.

Maximum and average prices are often skewed due to high maximum prices for items which may have been entered in error in other shops. I've done this accidentally in the past and only found these by filtering my Inventory by descending price and checking the highest value items made sense - knocked £300 off my Inventory in 5 minutes doing this but at least the items I changed stand a chance now of being sold.

Percentage increase and decrease option is more towards the option I wanted to use but this has the effect of changing high value items considerably but leaving small value items relatively untouched, it also adds a third decimal place to the item value i.e. £0.01p becomes £0.011p when adding 10%

I'm therefore suggesting a fourth option - add/remove fixed amount

For examaple using this to add 1p to each item in my inventory, obviously when using it to remove fixed amounts the system would have to make sure that no items end up at zero and would have to give the zero priced items a minimum of one unit of local currency.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.