Prohibited items - Malaysia

According to Royal Mail's Malaysia sending guide:

"Prohibited products are not permitted in the mail under any circumstances."

Prohibited:
> Plastics and articles thereof; rubber and articles thereof.
> Toys, games and sports requisites; parts and accessories thereof.

Seems like LEGO to Malaysia is off the menu then? 😮

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited June 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    In 2020 we had 4 orders from Malaysia and all were received without problems. I hope other sellers with more recent experiences will chime in.
  • We had this year two deliveries to Malaysia - also no problems. Everything has arrived.

German Post states based on World Post Rules in their conditions that "toys are not allowed in letters, only in good post letters".
    I think they will be only returned if somebody will open the letter and check the content. I do not think they have time for this. :-)
  • They only have to look at the customs label to know the package contains toys, assuming it's completed correctly. I suspect the rule is that toys are not allowed to be sent via the post (as in a letter) but may be sent by parcel.
  • @Hoddie Two out of four orders I mentioned weighted less than 100g, so we shipped them in bubble mailers, not in parcels. Customs labels were completed correctly, so it was clear there were Lego bricks inside. I think many countries have similar no-toys rules, but they are ignored or rarely implemented.
  • Here is the Royal Malaysian Custom Department webpage with a list of prohibited /restricted goods. Toys (except toy guns) are not mentioned:
    http://www.customs.gov.my/en/tp/pages/tp_ie.aspx