OMG - I've been on Brick Owl for over a year already!

edited June 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up14Vote Down
I only just spotted that I've been on BO for 1 year 3 days today (can I have a happy anniversary badge, since I never got an early adopter one? :) )

I have to confess that when I came here initially, I had to Google 'API' as I had no clue what it meant. It's been one heck of a learning curve with constantly moving goal posts along the way. Learning programming has made this one of the quickest, most frustrating, yet rewarding year's of my life. Don't even mention OAuth - there's a month of my life I'll never see again!

Anyhow, just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Lawrence for everything he's done over the past 12 months (and no doubt prior) and to wish Brick Owl continued deserved success.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Actually I'm on BO for 1 Year and 7 hours :-) Today it's my birthday here!
    I also like to thank Lawrence for his work over the past 12 month. Let's go on!
  • Actually I'm on BO for 1 Year and 7 hours :-) Today it's my birthday here!
    I also like to thank Lawrence for his work over the past 12 month. Let's go on!

@Darkstone I feel like your elder twin-sister, I am 1 year 9 hours old :)

Happy next 12 months, Lawrence, and thank you for your effort, it's visible, efficient and impressive :)

Isabel
  • 12 months and 18 hours here!!
  • 1 year 3 hours as I had just checked to see what you all were on about. I didn't set up shop for another month or two, but wanted to register my name and store if I recall correctly :) My how the time flies....Many more happy years of growth to Lawrence and everyone else who makes this THE place to buy LEGO.

Patrick
  • edited June 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm surprised it has been this long, it's nice to see the site has become well-developed and has a community. I'm often pleased to see customers with high feedback numbers, clearly making many Brick Owl purchases, coming back after successful orders with our stores. I genuinely find it quite amazing that people can poke buttons on my website and Lego parts appear at their door, with no intervention from me.

Hopefully I can continue to improve on the site over time.
  • A well deserved 'Happy Anniversary' to Brickowl indeed, I'm at 12 months and 4 days, so among the early adoptors, the only thing I regret is that I didn't open my store right away. Today it is exacly 9 months since I did and it has been fantastic overal. I've sold more items here then I did on BL (+25%) during that time, my return on BL is still slightly higher (+12%) but that is mainly due to selling some more sets and some specific items, so if I count those away, BO wins it. My number of orders is higher then on BL, and the average on each is quite nice for a store like mine. So a very big THANK YOU Lawrence, for having the guts of setting this up and putting in the efforts to make it work, it will only grow bigger and faster the next year(s), so we can all be enlighted (both buyers and sellers) this place works the way it does. And allthough there is still a lot to be done catalog wise, there is clearly already enough to generate plenty of orders, so it can only get better in the long run ;)