If it looks like a scam it's probably a scam.

We just received an unsollicited message from a brand new user that contained a list of sets at very low prices and instructions to order from them directly.

The user has 0 feedback and has been registered for a little over a day.

Attached is a screenshot of their message.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We got that one too!
  • There have been emails going to users of BL that are very similar; wonder if this is the same guy. I haven't gotten this message (yet) but did get the two emails; in both emails he pretended to be a well known BL store (stole their logo and everything) and included a list of sets that we could purchase.
  • I would report that to the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page... that is now how this site works obviously. This person sounds awful!!! :-(
  • I believe the brick link one going around is from a group called SMYK group. I haven't heard of them I think they are based in Poland. I got the similar email today from the brick owl store.
  • Just got that email too.

Regarding SMYK. It is a legit and well established chain of toy stores in PL but the emails are a scam and have nothing to do with that business.
  • Someone approached me the other day *over there*, and wanted to buy from me claiming to to be in Moscow, but shipping to Delaware. The insisted that I open the floodgates to foreign payments. Stop listed in a New York minute.
  • We had similar on BL. We put a lot of sets to the order list and then told him that we are going to travel and pay it by cash. Answer: I'm just now have a positive covid test. LOL. If it looks like a scam it's a scam