Store inventory for sale

Triplets being home schooled, building a new house, Covid!, so I'm looking to sell my BO store inventory: Rares and Spares (ras.brickowl.com)

Last time I ran a sale in the store was 2017 I believe, so the inventory hasn't been picked of its best lots. No plans to run a closing down sale. The store is currently closed and will probably stay that way.

- approx 200kg of Lego, about 98% new condition
- over 200,000 items in nearly 8,000 lots
- in excess of $27,000 USD value (about 24,000 EUR) at 6 month qty average values
- over 400 lots with no sales history over last 6 months, valued at approx $2,500 USD at current qty average values
- over 150 lots where I'm the only seller

depending on value of sale, I may throw in the following:

- about 2,000 EUR worth of racking, Really Useful drawers in rainbow colours, and other assorted containers
- any packaging supplies I have on hand (1,000s of grip seal bags, shipping boxes, Jiffy envelopes, etc.) - all brand new

can also throw in the following for a little extra:

- about 30kg of unsorted used Lego, 95% already cleaned
- approx €150 worth of bPost stamps at 80% cost (Belgium and Europe)

Happy to answer any questions here, and happy to receive messages via the BO system. If the sale is agreed via BO I will ensure BO gets their cut. Collection only, just off E40 out of Brussels.

Thanks to all my customers, especially the repeat ones, and to the other sellers who helped me out over the years.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Hoddie, I'm so sorry that our BO seller community is losing such an extraordinarily valuable member, but I completely understand. Triplets?? When do you sleep???? :-) If you were in the US, I'd be talking to you about the inventory, but I imagine the shipping is quite brutal from EU. :-)

I wish you and yours ALL THE BEST, sincerely... you have been sooooooooo helpful to me and many here over the years! I'm sure you'll still be LEGOing for fun when time permits, of course, and I do hope you can find time here and there to pop into the forum here just to say hi!!!!!!!

::hugs::
    Sandy
  • Thank-you for the kind words. I'll still be a buyer so I'll be around. It's good to know I've helped people out, but honestly, you should have seen me when I first rocked up here.

If no-one comes knocking for my inventory I will re-evaluate. The new house gives me so much extra room so it's definitely an option to keep things going, but my preference is to divest everything. I'm not desperate for the cash but it would certainly help us get better fittings for the house, and make the actual move easier (and cheaper!).
  • Ugh I truly despise moving, but am stoked to hear you're getting a bigger place for your family!! We got to custom-build our home as well, and it was the best thing we ever did in our lives. And you save so much time on maintenance as everything is well, new! :-)
  • I echo Calibrick, I've read many a great message by you! I hope that you are drawn to the site enough to continue to post. I also wish I could buy your inventory, but it's probably more expensive to ship to Canada than the states... maybe it's the giant tracks of open land.

Tyson.
  • @Hoddie
    Wishing you all the best! I think you've been here as long as I. We had 1 at a time 3 total, they were a handful can't imagine triplets.. congratulations
  • @Hoddie: sad to hear one of the Belgian stores stopping. As a fellow Belgian, I might be interested in your inventory, but if you're aiming to get the 6 mth average value, I'm afraid there would be no margin for any profit on my side. I'm open for a discussion if you want :smile:
  • @Graham - the first three years were absolutely crazy but now it's a breeze. They annoy each other rather than us :) Still a lot of organising as I'm sure you can appreciate.

@Calibrick @Graham again, thanks. It's nice to see the forum be a friendly place unlike over the fence, and you guys are a big part of that.

@BelgiumBrickFloor - no I don't expect 6 month figures, it's just to help demonstrate the size of what's on offer. Send me a message via BO and I can let you have the BrickStore file.
  • @Hoddie wow how do you even manage eveything !? Sorry to hear you are going but quite understandable.

You were always helpful and a voice of reason on the forum. All the best im the future.

Supercool you give bo the commission if you make a sale !
  • Sorry to hear you're leaving us @Hoddie. You have an great knowledge of Brick Owl and Lego and a willingness to share that with others, you're going to be missed.

But you're obviously going to be doing far more important things, I wish you the best of luck with everything.
  • edited February 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If anyone has been considering making an offer, please do so before Friday as that's when I make a decision either way. For those who have enquired, I'm happy to box everything up and palletise it.

If no suitable offers come in my store will re-open on the Saturday :)