New Store: Koen's Space Port

Hi guys,

I recently opened up my store here on Brickowl, Koen's Space Port. The spaceport is an initiative me and my boys have started during the first Corona - quarantine period. We buy old Lego sets around the theme "Space" and then try to restore them to their former glory. It's been a lot of fun although sometimes very intensive. Long nights of sorting out, replacing bad parts, brightening yellowed parts, etc. Nevertheless, we have an inventory that is respectable enough to go online. We are still a bit unsure about the immediate checkout - procedures and if the algorithm for example takes into consideration wether or not you're selling with box (because that matters in size package).
Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Would love some feedback of you guys on the inventory and the store in general.

Many thanks!

Koen
Store manager

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Your store looks really great! I have a lot of respect for all the time and work that went into restoring the sets.
  • Thanks, that's very kind of you! It is a lot of work, but hey, it's the coolest hobby ever :wink:
  • If you're selling a set without a box (as I do with many of my sets), Brick Owl will assume the box is present and charge shipping accordingly. However, a set without the original box can often be shipped in a smaller package. I usually add a note to the listing to explain that I will refund any over postage should this be the case. A good example would be the small pocket money sets. In its original box it would be Small Parcel, but if not the parts will often fit into a Large Letter, so cheaper to ship. Obviously this is based on shipping methods available to me here in the UK - yours are likely to be slightly different.