Shipping address and PayPal address don't match

Hello
Just recently ran into a problem that could keep repeating unless there is a solution I'm unaware of.
Someone send me a message asking if the order was shipped to the shipping or billing address I told them it was shipped to the PayPal address. Which is not the same as the shipping address... The problem with this is if I ship an item to an address that's different than the one on paypal the buyer can open a "none shipping seller" report and get their money back even if I shipped the item. If the addresses don't match I'm no longer covered as a seller.

Is there anyway to make it so when someone places an order the shipping address will match the PayPal address instead of the billing and PayPal address matching?

Thanks for reading,
Alex

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sadly I don't think there is a way to do that... I guess its just up to you which 1 you ship to ( they could want it shipped to a friend as a birthday pres.) or you could always ask them... but I you never know how long it will take them to respond. You could also put a disclaimer on your store front that says you automatically ship to the PayPal address unless otherwise specified by the customer.
  • I always ship to the shipping adress, and never had any problems as of yet with people writing me back about lost orders.

So i cant see why you should be afraid of that. If anything you can offer only track and trace. That way you have confirmation for sending your stuff no matter what.
  • I have on my store's terms that I ONLY ship to the verified PayPal address... then it's up to me to make reasonable exceptions if I choose to, e.g., once of twice I've shipped to a diff address when it was someone obviously related and a gift. But I was starting to get a lot of third-party drop-ships, which I only am willing to do if the buyer is in the loop (I won't accept those "do not include an invoice, your company name on the label, etc., orders). That's just a personal choice I've made, is all. :-)
  • The problem is that BrickOwl expects you to ship to the sipping address, see https://www.brickowl.com/terms under stores, "Orders must be shipped to the shipping address on the order unless otherwise agreed with the customer."
    You could say that stating otherwise in you terms, and a buyer agreeing to that when doing a purchase, is the "unless otherwise agreed", but it is vague at best.
    It has been popping up in the forum before
    https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/7315/shipping-address-different-to-paypal-address-question
    But I have never seen a response from Lawrence, one question is if the shipping address is indeed communicated with PP and if so would that be enough for seller protection as stated in the above forum thread.

As for me, in the beginning I asked the buyer where to ship, now I always ship to the shipping address. Most orders are shipped without T&T so seller protection is out the door anyway.
  • This happens quite often to me and I have never had a problem shpping to the shipping address and not the paypal address. Perhaps I have been lucky!!
  • Buyer has the option to change shipping address on PayPal for the transaction when checking out. Therefore I always ship to PayPal shipping address.
    There is a way for that to be automatically done, on BrickLink the shipping address is automatically updated to show the correct shipping address buyer has on BrickLink. @Lawrence ?

I have had several instances of a mismatch, all were due to customer entering incorrect address (usually zip code) on BrickOwl. If I had changed the shipping address to BrickOwl shipping address customer would have not received their order.
    PayPal validate a correct address, BrickOwl doesn't. Just my $0.02