Help! Problem with shipping

Hi,

I have had contact from a buyer who tried to place an order on Saturday only to be confronted with a message stating "Unfortunately this store does not have any available shipping methods set up that apply to your order. You may want to try contacting them". I have been in touch with the buyer who tells me the weight is around 500g (so well within weight limits for a UK Small Parcel), so my first thought was a dimensional/volume issue. I've added a Medium Parcel shipping band to try to solve the problem, but the buyer has told me he his still receiving the message. I'd rather he doesn't have to empty his basket and start again as it's quite a few pieces! I don't have any majorly large pieces or sets for sale so I don't think I need a large parcel shipping band, but obviously I cannot see the order while it's still an active cart to shed any light on it.

He's also mentioned some parts are showing as no longer available, which I can only assume means that someone else has ordered them - again, I can't be sure without seeing the order.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks
James
Jay's Brickyard

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are there any items in the buyer's order that don't have weight and/or dimensions in the catalog?
  • > @paulvdb said:
    > Are there any items in the buyer's order that don't have weight and/or dimensions in the catalog?

Hi Paul, I suppose that's possible, but a quick check on my inventory reveals only 13 items missing height info, and 5 missing weight. Even allowing for this I would have thought BO would default to my small parcel band until I weigh/measure the item and submit to Lawrence. The weight of the order is a little under 490g, so as far as the Royal Mail is concerned that is well within weight limits for a large letter, let alone a small parcel. I'm stumped as I've had other orders over the weekend that have come through fine. I'm in the process of checking my settings to see if anything stands out, but could well be fumbling in the dark!
  • The best thing to do would be to enable the request a quote shipping method, then the customer can request a quote when there are no other methods available. There is a setting on the method so You can choose for it to only be shown if its the only available method.

I would strongly advise submitting any missing dimensions as without the data the system will have no idea on the size or the items, and so can lead to lost orders due to overestimated shipping.
  • Thanks Lawrence, I've done that now, hopefully this will work and I will get onto the dimensions asap. If there's any further problems (although I have my fingers crossed...) I will post here.

James