Custom Shipping

I may have overlooked something but a few moments ago, I set up a new (custom) postage option for domestic customers who order very few items or just a couple of Minifigures. After I managed to buy some small (000) jiffy envelopes at a good price, I figured I'd do well to pass the savings on.
However, on testing the new shipping method it seems the option is not available.

There is a cross over on weight band with my normal domestic shipping method - 1st one being 0 - 90g with this newer option being 0 - 45g. Dimensions differ from my normal UK large letter options so I'm a tad miffed as to why it's not showing the choice at cart?
You can view the method at the bottom of my Delivery page.

Advice/information much appreciated.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In your store I see that you set the maximum thickness for this shipping method to 8 mm. That means that a minifigure won't fit in that shipping method because a minifigure head is 10 mm thick and hats and hair add a bit more to that. You should set the thickness to at least 15 mm if you want to ship minifigures. And some hats and hair are even bigger. I know that you can ship them in less thickness by not assembling them but in the system the minifigure thickness is based on the assembled minifigure. Although I guess you could add shipping dimensions to the catalog entries that would fit a dis-assembled minifigure. But they would still be at least 10 mm to account for the thickness of the head.
  • Nothing quite like overlooking the obvious. It hadn't occurred to me to think of the assembled Minifigure because I never fix them together from part outs.
    Thank you. I'll edit the method.