Problem with BOID 101896

I got an order for LEGO Jay - Skybound (Pirate) Minifigure - according to BO I should have 1 in stock, but on searching I found I had none and that BOID 101896 is linked to BL NJO192 which is a totally different version on Jay.

Apart from the mis-match the strange thing is that I sold the last NJO192 on BL 19th April yet BO shows I sold one of two, I only ever had one on BL. How can that happen?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @XS Bricks The match is correct, look at the inventory of the fig under Boid 101896, it is the inventory of njo192. What's wrong on the entry is the main image, I've filed an image removal request for it.
    You will need to contact your buyer about it.

Considering the fact the match is correct you really need to read full history of the lot.
    Can you post it?
  • did you ever have njo210 or njo248 btw?
  • @RobErNat Thank you, I didn't think to check if the picture matched the inventory. I have contacted the buyer.

I've never had NJO210 but I do have 6 NJO248.

BO log on BOID 101896 / BL NJO192

29 Apr 2017 17:58 Quantity changed to 0 Order 1031460 bc
    22 Apr 2017 19:21 Price changed to 5.050 API Anonymous
    19 Apr 2017 22:29 Quantity changed to 1 API Anonymous
    31 Mar 2017 22:26 Sale Percent changed to 23 Mass Inventory Update XS Bricks

and BL order 19/04/2017 showing 1 NJO192 and none remaining, which does not match log on BO.
    https://flic.kr/p/T5uixG

Thanks for your assistance
  • @XS Bricks You are misinterpreting your older BL order... And you're not showing the complete BO log ;-)
    On august 16, 2016 you parted 2 sets 70605 (=2x fig njo192), so your BO log should state such (=the first line of your log).
    If you don't retain on BL, and your stock gets adjusted to '0', then your old orders on BL will adjust accordingly and show an 'X' at a later date if you go back to an old order... The BO log is more precise (I like it very much as it allows to see full history detail): on 19/04 your lot of '2' got adjusted to '1' trough the API call, on 29/04 to zero by your BO order (which has set an X in your BL order overview of the 19/04 order 'now'), so no mystery...

• PS if you have njo248, it's not syncing as it is an unknown ID on BO (and I assume the other figs of that set are in the same status) ;-)
    You might wanna check your logs and submit BLID's to have them sync once the ID's are approved.
  • @RobErNat Thanks again, sorry for the delay replying, don't know where the time goes.

The issue with the order giving rise to the query is resolved but I am still a little confused (all too easy these days).

If, as shown above, BL stock of item is 0 on 19th April how is BO stock showing as 1, maybe I don't understand "retain" function, but in this case I don't think it matters as I only had the item in stock once, in other words I never restocked it after selling out or even after selling one.

I know njo248 does not show, I have submitted some BLID - BOID matches and have lots more to do when I have time, but at least I understand that there are items missing on my BO inventory, it's when fantom items are present that it causes problems.
  • @XS Bricks yeah, I know how time flies :wink:
    Like I said, you are misinterpreting your BL order overview of 19/04, because you're looking at it 'now', while you should imagine looking at it on 20/04 (pretty sure it said '1' remaining).
    If you print out orders (I assume you don't and use a mobile device - personally I print, so I have a backup on paper) you would understand easier... No fantoms...
    If you sell something (without retain > so X if zero) every former 'quantity' is adjusted in any *and* all of your former BL orders, quantity 'remaining' is 'volatile' in BL order overviews, simple as that.
    Do the test: check one of your recent BL orders and find an item that covers your BO minimum that has a quantity of 2 or more (a fig or something). Go to your own store on BO, put Quantity 'X' minus 1 of the selected items in cart and checkout (remember this is free of charge, so you can test it without costs). Wait for BS to 'sync'. Once BS has synced your order, go back to BL and check the same order > now it will have changed to 1 (or the remaining quantity minus the quantity you selected) less then a couple of minutes before.
    As you would still have at least one, you can simply 'add' the quantity again on BL and relist on BO by using 'blmaster on*off' (and you can cancel the order without restocking on BO/syncing BL).

And yes you had the item in stock 'once', but with a quantity of '2', not of '1', so it dropped to '1' on 19/04, then dropped to '0' the other day (causing an X on quantity in your BL's 19/04 order).
    How do I know you had 2 of those figs? Well, you parted out 2 of that set on 16/08/16 like I said in previous message.
    Aren't you curious on how I 'know' that 'for sure' (and I really am 100% sure )? :smile:

Cheers, Eric
  • Forgot to say: The use of 'retain' function is a personal choice, I prefer retaining and 'deleting' lot's manually as it offers me control > I have +1000 lot's of which my 'real' quantity is higher then my 'listed' quantity > I can simply reactivate the same lot to list 'new' quantity and 'sync' without having to relist (in worst case I need to adjust the price a little). The same applies when picking an order and I notice I have a couple of 'extras' left (I don't always list them), so I can simply reactivate the sold out lot (in my case 'zero' and not 'X') without having to 'relist' (I take notes of this on my printed picking sheets, and sometimes it's weeks later before I deal with them). The third reason for using 'retain' is canceled orders > instant 'merge' with existing lot's, in stead of 'relisting'.
    But technicly it doesn't make much difference wether the 'sold out' lot says 'zero' or 'X', the fact remains your 'old' orders are 'adjusted' on BL along the way when 'remaining' quantity changes by newer orders.
  • @RobErNat - I know now what you mean about misinterpreting my Bricklink order - makes perfect sense, I did not realise that BL showed realtime info if you looked at an old order. Thank you for explaining that - the reason I thought BL was static is that with BO if I update lots and print an order BO shows the correct remarks field, which is great. BL doesn't, it shows the remarks that applied at the time of the order, that was why I assumed that the remaining quantity did not update either - but it does.

I don't use retain, I didn't see a reason for it, but I can see how it can be useful that way you operate. I do things slightly differently, but it's good to know it's there as an option.

Thanks for all your time.
  • @XS Bricks Yeah, I know what you mean with the 'static' stock location of BL :-(
    In nov/dec 2016 and jan 2017 I moved my colorbased stock (30000 parts) towards a numbered based storage (in batches) and every few days I had orders with lot's of which the stocklocation changed before I picked them, and so my printouts would still show the old location *sigh*. But that's actually another good reason to 'retain' > It then says '0' which is a clickable link towards the lot itself, so the data of the new stock location was still there, I just had to click and write down the new location on the picking sheet (luckely not that often).

And you're welcome about the explanation, we're here to help eachother ;-)

And sidenote: You have 2 stickersheets of set 70605 listed (with date visible on BL), so it was pretty obvious you parted out 2 sets... so 2 njo192 figs as well offcourse :-)

• LoL, so that's how you knew, I did wonder how you knew, wasn't expecting such a simple answer :))

I will look at using retain, how you are using it makes perfect sense and I think I might find it useful too.