Feedback "system" Problem(s)

Whilst the basis of leaving feedback for customers is pretty much pointless other than as a "Thank-You"

What I've just done shouldn't have been possible...

By mistake I have left a "nice" message for a bunch of cancelled orders - some of which involved filling a complaint with @admin

IF the system worked I would leave more personal messages, however as-is I leave bulk feedback for customers who have marked their order "received" - regardless of whether or not they have left FB.

The solution @lawrence would be selectable filters and the ability to file (or hide) order data either after a predetermined length of time and/or manually.

/gripe

Graham

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you have left a feedback incorrectly for a customer, if you view the feedback, you can click on the trashcan icon to remove the feedback.
  • I know this subject has come up numerous times both here and on BL. I don't know if there's any really good solution to it. Here we can only leave positive or none at all and it does of course feel reassuring if a buyer has a good number of positive feedback. But at the same time it doesn't really tell a whole lot. I would not want it to turn into the feedback war that often happens on BL either.

It seems most buyers don't leave feedback, or even mark an order as received, so the feedback we have as sellers does not paint the whole picture either.
    But then again, maybe feedback doesn't matter as much as it used to? Ordering from almost any other online shop and there's no feedback system at all.

Most of us are not in a position like Amazon or other big sellers that we can have every order tracked, and for free too, so a feedback system does provide some input on how reliable and trustworthy a buyer, or seller, is.

I think a feedback system is good and important but how to best implement it I don't know.

• @Graham I always leave feedback for every customer that's paid. That's their part of the transaction completed.
    My part is to get them their parts. I don't ask for feedback, but include the line 'let me know your order arrived safely by marking it received...' in my packages slip. About 30% of customers do this, and leave feedback.
  • @TheSkirrid
    I guess you are aware that PayPal accept a claim up to 180 days after payment? At least in the US that is.
    This is a policy I implemented day 1 on the other place, I usually go back 6 months and leave retro active feedback every now and again.
  • If you have left a feedback incorrectly for a customer, if you view the feedback, you can click on the trashcan icon to remove the feedback.
    OK that helps, and I didn't know that was possible. However what about the ability to "file" orders?

Thanks G
    Where do I find that feature?
  • edited April 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Where do I find that feature?
    Open the order, in the order details screen look for the line 'feedback', click 'feedback left', there you will find the trashcan.
  • Where do I find that feature?
    Open the order, in the order details screen look for the line 'feedback', click 'feedback left', there you will find the trashcan.
    OK thanks Eric - I have to locate and open every order?? That sucks
    @Lawrence why not add the function to the all orders screen along with a "FILE" function??

G
  • @Graham I'm not sure I understand, are you trying to remove large amounts of feedback in bulk that you have previously submitted?
  • @Lawrence

I'll attempt explanation :-

I leave bulk feedback, first I select sort order for "status" , then a secondary sort for "order date"

All the cancelled orders are on the first page, I was leaving feedback on the third page, all those orders were marked as "received" by customers, and I left feedback.
    After submitting, the system defaults back to page one, Instead of going forward to page two, I left bulk feedback on page one - which included all the cancelled orders, including those dating back to 2013!

All you need do is make a function that disallows leaving feedback on cancelled orders.

Or (much) better also add the ability to file orders (as on BL)

Thanks
  • @Graham
    Why not simply leave feedback for each 'paid' order, either soon as packed, either soon shipped, or soon after... What does difference does it make for you? (you can't leave neutral or negative anway).
    You only wanna 'reward' customers who leave feedback for you or who put their order in 'received' status??
    I never have more then 10 shipped orders with 'unleft' feedback, quite easy to skip on canceled ones (or unpaid ones) as they always remain per order date.
    If you apply the same method, you never run into the type of issue you had ;-)
  • This bothers me greatly ( not being able to give non-positive feedback).
    I just had a terrible experience and want to owlvoodoo my customer.
    Long story short : UK buyer uses Belgian / domestic address.
    Got a return-to-sender, house number was incorrect.
    Buyer is sluggish communicator.
    Just before the weekend he wants delivery on monday ( fancypants will fly in for just a few hours because he has a very busy schedule ). I ask him to send me an express courier (label) on his costs ( for crying out loud, he is bound to visit the DHL** European center !! ) or give me the name of local contact to arrange personal pickup over the weekend.
    He says 'impossible' but absolutely needs it for a team building. So I drive 75 minutes detour by car in Monday morning traffic (normally I bike to work and it was really nice weather).
    Not even got a thank you, nor a small donation for extraordinary effort spent on what was obviously the customer's mistake.

Lesson learned : always googlecheck when a corporate address is given.
    ** one of the most prominent express services here
This discussion has been closed.