Parting out and Extras

When parting out, there's a checkbox for "Include Extras". What is this supposed to do? I have not noticed any difference regardless if it's check or not. I always have to change the part count for parts that have extras. However, one time it showed +1 or something like that below the part count and the part count was actually correct. I have only seen this once though. Other than that one time, I always have to adjust the part count.

So, what is that checkbox supposed to do really? Why is the part count never correct for parts that have extras included?

Ken

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 'Extras' are those parts that Lego usually throws in that aren't required for the build. The 1 x 1 plates, cheese slopes, etc. BO inventories may record the presence of these extras as "+1", and if so, ticking that box when parting out will include these extras in the amount to add to inventory. If you're parting out an inventory that doesn't have the extras recorded, ticking the box won't make any difference. :)
  • Just to note - in sets I've submitted with extras included the set gets automatic alternates, and the spares get stripped, when it's listed.
  • I guess the question then becomes, why are the extras never recorded because I have only seen them being accounted for one time? When I saw them accounted for I thought, great it's finally working now! Never seen it again.

At some point I hope to be able to use BrickStock for parting out so then it won't matter, not that it's a big deal anyway but would be nice if it worked properly.
  • Using brickstock makes parting out a lot easier. I would not like to work without it.
  • Using brickstock makes parting out a lot easier. I would not like to work without it.
    Would you mind describing how you do this? How do you handle price setting? BS gets its price info from BL so not the same as on BO. Plus, I believe BS gets price info from BL in USD but we in Europe use Euro (I assume) so neither the numbers nor actual value will match.

Does the "conversion" from BL item numbers etc to BO always work?

Those are two examples that worry me about using BS with BO since it's not really "made for it". Or, if you have a store on BL also, do you upload to there first and then sync it over? But that would still leave the pricing problem unresolved.
  • I'm using Brickstock to upload to BL and then sync with with BO.

Brickstock uses the Inventory and price info from BL. Prices are handled in USD but you can set you own currency with a manual exchange rate.

You have all the necessary information displayed to set your prices fast and easy or you can use some automated pricing options. 6 month average and so on.

For me it is totally fine to have the same prices on BL and BO. There doesn't seem to be a big differece in overal prices between the two anyway.

The item number conversion with Bricksync works fine, but newer parts tend to be available on BL earlier than on BO. So a little inventory mismatch is common.
  • It would be beneficial for those users who do not use Brickstock that extras were included when parting-out using this site.
  • BO's inventories come from Lego, and they do not include Extras. These need to be manually added by users, so you could add them to the inventories a couple of days before parting out those sets, so that Lawrence has enough time to approve the additions.
  • I'm using Brickstock to upload to BL and then sync with with BO.
    Thanks. My conclusion is also that uploading to BL and then sync is the best way to go about it. I have not set up my store on BL yet, figured I get things going on BO first since it's so much easier with instant checkout. When I get it set up on BL, I'll use BS and sync.