How does a store go from 9m parts to 26m parts in less than a few days?

Who is counting 17 million bricks with any accuracy and at an average of over $0.11 per brick who has nearly $200,000 lying around to buy up such mass quantities of Legos? Never mind the cost of storage for picking & packages for fulfillment...

Not that I'm complaining... I'm just insanely curious. I am a data guy. I need to know.

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Wait a sec... I sorted by quantity. OK, now I understand. 640,000 of "LEGO Technic Pin with Lengthwise Friction Ridges and Center Slots (2780)", 360,000 of "LEGO Long Pin with Friction (6558)". OK now I get it. Millions of parts that barely anyone needs at about a penny each, or just inflation because, honestly, there will never be a shortage of a certain part and why not inflate the numbers?
  • Having a large store, by artificially inflating your numbers or not, does not guarantee you orders. A mixture of breadth (variety) of items and depth (quantity) of items and reasonable prices will get you there.
  • Their inventory was triplicated.. I'm sure they will fix it soon.
  • LOL! Someone's elbow fell asleep on the keyboard... so ND, you are saying I have to limit my order of @ B44 to only 210,000 Technic Pins? I was going to be pretty disappointed when I ordered 400,000 and end up over 100,000 short.
  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    And did anyone bother to get in contact with them or the administration of BO?
    It seems fairly obvious they are accidently duplicating their lot's over and over (5x times now, so 35Milllion parts)
    @brick24 could have been made aware of this, this morning actually, by simply adding @brick24 in the thread so they would get a notification something is being written about them and someting is 'off' with their listings... Isn't that what a 'community' is about ?
    Message has now been send to their private site, BO admininstration has been notified as well...

And as a sitenote dear @JayB-SoCal it doesn't require to have $200.000 of 'laying around' cash to buy such amounts, people simply 'do have' amounts of 200.000 $ of LEGO items 'stocked' in their house or other location(s), do not consider that 'exceptional' (and you may count me in).
    I know a US seller who hasn't sold a technic pin for over a decade, don't wanna know how many she has laying around....
    And they do sell you know, oftenly by a hundred (or duplicates) at a time... Even if those parts are 'low cost' it can be 'pre packed' and 'scaled' if needed ;-)
  • I sent them a message 2h ago. Let's see what happens.
  • Richard from @brick24 has responded to me, it is clear it's 'off' based on his message. A screenshot has been sent to make him realise.
  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Update: looks like I contacted the wrong 'private website' (similar shop names), but Richard from the other shop knows the owner, so he will contact him...
    Guess we'll have to wait for a (re)-action by either the shop, ether the BO adminstration...
  • I didn't think to contact because I thought that's what their intention was for inventory count.

But still, if I had a store here that happened to have the top spot by part count & over 27,000 feedbacks, I would think a daily sanity check of inventory count might be prudent.
  • @JayB-SoCal They just opened here, they have a feedback boost of 27.600 so errors happens.
  • @JayB-SoCal with so many items it can be rather difficult and i can imagine you have a x% as backup. But i do not know what policies they have for these situations ;-)
  • Just as a possibility, I recently bought out another store's entire inventory, and jumped from about 40K parts to 120K in one day when I uploaded it. It was already sorted and counted, and came with an inventory file. It *did* take longer to physically move them into my space and integrate them, but as far as online, it was about an hour to grow.
    OOO_Shiny
    Free U.S. Shipping
  • That's what I should do - buy a whole small store out. All these piles of separate purchases are killing my time & money in shipping costs! Haha