Help: Bricksync not Updating Inventory On BrickOwl

Hey friendly folks,

I am using Bricksync to try and sync my BL inventory with BO since BO is sooo much better! However when I run Bricksync on my PC it sees my inventory from BL which has many more SKU's but it is not updating my BO inventory. My BO inventory only has one item as a test right now which I manually uploaded. When I run the sync command in Bricksync it shows me the correct inventory on BL and says perfect match, and it shows my one item on BO and says perfect match and that is it. Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong. Why the inventory won't sync from BL to BO?

Thanks,

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I see 0 items in your store not 1.

Have you added the BO API from here: http://www.brickowl.com/user/ ... /api_keys to data/bricksync.conf.txt
  • Have you left blmaster on? BS won't update BO until you tell it you're finished updating on BL.
  • Thanks for the feedback, yes I added the API, in fact I created one, then deleted it and created a new one to make sure I checked all the boxes. I have never used the blmaster cmd I was scared to :) so all I have done is used the sync command. So I don't think I left it on, because I haven't ever used it. Maybe that is my problem.
  • @Brickfans.com So you generated an API key on BO and on BL as well? And you entered all the details in the bricksync.conf file? (do not post them)
    // BrickLink configuration
    bricklink.consumerkey =
    bricklink.consumersecret =
    bricklink.token =
    bricklink.tokensecret =
    // BrickOwl configuration
    brickowl.key =

BrickLink API key must be with an "allowed IP" and "mask IP" both set to 0.0.0.0

What does your Bricksync screen says when you launch it? Any errors? (tip: check the bricksync / data folder and/or Logs folder for your latest log/errors.
  • Yes I have the BL API and BO API there, I am currently rerunning bricksync since I just made a bunch of inventory changes on BL. Run BS and the last line says BrickOwl has 0 items in 0 lots. Even though I have over 10K pieces on BL. Last line says No Update Required for BrickOwl, we have a perfect inventory match. I could obviously manually update BO , but I would like to figure out how to sync inventory. Appreciate the help
  • Ok a little more info, after BS just re ran, I check my BL inventory it is wiped and has the single item I have on BO. So it is syncing from BO to BL and overwriting my BL inventory but not from BL to BO.
  • The sync command works both ways (and syncs deep down), it wasn't wise to use it at this point (only usefull if you wanna sync 'harder' some items that cannot be matched between the 2 sites - personally I hardly use it-). Sure hope you have a backup from your inventory so you can restore it...
    Once you've restored, type 'blmaster on' in the Bricksync screen, then type 'bricksync off'. It's the safest way (IMHO): your BL is 'master' and BO 'follows' all the time.
  • If you were already selling on BL you should first use blmaster on. After that you should use blmaster off. This will make Bricksync get your BL inventory and set that as its own inventory. After that you can use sync brickowl. This will upload your Bricksync inventory to BO.
  • Ah ok... Thanks folks I will try that. Yes thankfully I had a BL backup. Will let you know if this works. You guys rock
  • YES That worked!! Peace in the galaxy! Thank you!