Feedback suggestion

Since I joined BO I've shipped 173 orders and received only 35 feedbacks. I left feedback for all of my 173 buyers.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a more prominent place in the user interface to remind buyers that there are orders (received/completed) that need (voluntarily of course) feedback?

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I agree - the feature is there but it's not prominent. Even when I've found it in the past, I have to keep remembering where to find it.
  • I totally agree with you, i got like 600+ orders here on BO but only a few feedback. Most are of the bl boost. But feedback is in everyones interest feedback, good or bad so you can see what you do good and what you should do better :smiley:

Do not know how others think about this or @lawrence is it an idea to place some kind of reward system in place ? So its a site global thing and not store specific ?
  • agree with OP, return FB level is very poor, I think it needs more prominent positioning
  • As a very high percentage of unsatisfied costumers will leave negative feedback and a very low number of satisfied costumers will, a system were BO automatically leave a positive on a feedback-less order after a given time (6 months or even a year) would be ideal to me.

With one negative out of 200 orders, if only 25 feedback are posted, it is a 96% ratio while in reality it is 99.5% , that is a much different perception of the store from buyers.
  • I'm relatively new to selling on BO (Since April) and as the OP has mentioned I too have have found myself constantly checking the feedback sections to see if any feedback has been left or at least clicked the (Received) icon.
  • @Colorado Bricks thats exactly what i mean, so you try your best and because of this ratio it directly looks "bad" even dough it does not reflect the reality !
  • I use the blog to list actual sales numbers on the front page, as part of keeping customers up to date. I have no idea if this helps, but it makes it clear feedback is at about 33% [for everyone here I assume].
  • At least a small reminder or some kind of indicator to leave feedback would be great.
  • @TheSkirrid the main challanges and questions which play part in this subject can be (personal opinion / thoughts). What is the main motivation for a customer to leave feedback about a store ?
    why should he/she do this ?

There is no unwritten rule over here to leave a feedback or any gain for the customer if he/she does this.

So How can I/we/BO not only notify customers about the feedback system and it's importance but also how activate the customer to actually leave a feedback ?
  • Feedback isn't all that important really. Most old school BL users see the feedback model as integral to the experience, just as old school Ebay users do. But it comes from a time when sellers could only be judged by their previous transactions. Nowadays, most stores on Ebay, BL and here on BO are businesses, and there are legal standards that such stores need to meet, and legal protections for buyers who encounter problems.

This is demonstrated by repeated threads like these here on BO and over on BL, where the feedback system is increasingly being ignored by buyers, especially those new to the platforms. At the same time, many buyers will happily buy from sellers who have low/no feedback, as evidenced by the flood of scam sellers on BL selling marquee sets at ridiculously low prices. In my first month here I had several sales even though I didn't have any feedback.

I know many sellers are not businesses (some probably should be but that's a different issue), but hopefully everyone aspires to offer a professional level of customer service. It's great when a customer takes time out to tell you how good they thought your service was, but ultimately, the only feedback that has the potential to make a big impact on your business is negative feedback - and if you offer great service you can usually avoid this.
  • @hoddie I agree with you on many points but a store with many feedback also reflect a level of experience and a higher change of good customer service (in common). I ask alot of people about there shopping behaviour and still most people they say I look at the feedbacks what is happening with the company, "is this a good and relailable store". So i still think it has an important role even dough it is possible it is on the decline.

futhermore I have not seen alot of sellers or buyers who do not leave a feedback on bl ! I get around 80 to 90 % feedback. Then the feedback system give a good picture of your service otherwise the negative/neutral will dominate the feedback system :)

besides this if you have like 50 orders a day and you get 10% feedback is less of a problem then you have 50 orders a month. You still get feedback and if you get an negative feedback it will have less impact.

I understand your point it's not about the feedback but still at this moment it plays a role in how your bussiness looks.
  • > @Leftoverbricks said:
    > Since I joined BO I've shipped 173 orders and received only 35 feedbacks. I left feedback for all of my 173 buyers.
    > Wouldn't it be nice if there was a more prominent place in the user interface to remind buyers that there are orders (received/completed) that need (voluntarily of course) feedback?

Up!
  • My own feedback is running at about 25% which i'm not sure is goodo or bad, but has been gained over the 2 years or so I've been on here; I do see some new shops which have had rapid increase in feedback ( this may also go along with the number of orders of course ), but do wonder what they are doing to increase this side of things so quickly.

As recently mentioned on another thread, adding a link in the shipped email so a customer can quickly leave some canned feedback or a like may make the feedback more intergral with the process, or maybe prompt the customer to leave feedback with nagging prompts on logging in !!.
  • I like Unbrickable's idea: "Do not know how others think about this or @lawrence is it an idea to place some kind of reward system in place ? So its a site global thing and not store specific ?" Maybe people that leave feedback on at least 1/2 or 2/3 their orders get some kind of badge? (buyers and sellers)?
  • I posted the same discussion few months ago. I have shipped over 90 orders (which is great) but only 31 have left feedback. Many customers have returned to my store and still have't left fb so I must be on the right track. I suggested some form of reward for every feedback left too :-) but there again it's a matter of choice if a customer wants to leave fb or not.
  • All sellers are equal with the current system.
This discussion has been closed.