Would be nice to have a way to "hide" some stores

It's too cumbersome to refer to notes on certain stores to know not to buy from them again. I would rather just make them invisible when browsing for bricks. For example, I gave a store a 2nd chance when they sent wrong color of a requested bunch of bricks, but I should have learned my lesson the first time even though they corrected the first mistake - my last order was sent to a completely different address 3,000 miles away. It says "Smoke free store" but I'm pretty sure puff the magic dragon makes regular visits to it.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Turns out that last store simply gave me the wrong tracking #, which caused confusion. But another seller took their place for order mishaps - I ordered quite a bit of pieces on a recent order and it wasn't just 1 or 2 items not fulfilled correctly but a dozen, all wrong counts and 4 of the lots got 0 of the requested pieces. This was after almost a week putting the order together before it shipped. I really want to be able to hide these stores since I intend to make a lot of purchases (made 37 in the past month).
  • I was wondering the same thing but the opposite way. Is there a method whereby you can book mark your favourite stores who time after time provide great service. sort of a list where you have your top 20 favourite stores and use them first because they either have fast delivery, good discounts on multiple orders, sort out wrong picks quickly etc . currently I just use my memory but that is dubious at the best of times :)
  • A favourite stores list has been asked for before. Can't remember the reply.
    Might be on the todo list.
  • @Stellar I knew it was a good idea! ;-)
    I'm not sure if I like the hide stores option.
    Would love a favourite list. This would be great when using the 'Wishlist' if my top 5 stores were at the top of the list. I usually search for them first in the list even if they've not got the most parts.
    @Lawrence thoughts?
  • Ok how about a personal/private rating? from -5 to +5? Also a better way to assess which orders to do first based on average brick cost, rarity of items, minimum bricks. If this is too hard I'll program it myself - already many times I've been accumulating bricks into various stores (pointless to order from a store if the cost of shipping is 1/3 or more than the overall) and by the time I order from some carts the items I wanted most in that cart are already taken.

If I could limit my time focused on adding to stores that I only rate well & avoiding others I don't and have a way to rate the carts by various criteria, I'll more likely get what I want even if I end up spending an extra $1-2 per order on average. I prefer that than putting 40 pieces of something in my cart and seeing 0 of them available just 1 or 2 days later. I realize some of us on the customer side tend to be shopping for similar hard-to-find bricks, but sometimes it's just ridiculous.
  • @Stellar I knew it was a good idea! ;-)
    I'm not sure if I like the hide stores option.
    Would love a favourite list. This would be great when using the 'Wishlist' if my top 5 stores were at the top of the list. I usually search for them first in the list even if they've not got the most parts.
    @Lawrence thoughts?
    Ah So I wasn't alone in asking for that request :)
This discussion has been closed.