MOC 3681 Forklift Truck MK 2

I am completely new to MOC building I have sourced most of the parts required Can anybody advise can I use the earlier version of the Electric Power Functions Receiver Part Number 58123 not the b version

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Any receiver released post V2 [which is no longer in production], has had the issues fixed, and should be suitable, even for the 4 motors that MOC uses. The V2 receiver from 2012ish was replaced pretty sharpish as it had issues when running multiple items with high starting current at once. I would guess most new receivers on here are post-V2 [I know mine are] but check with the seller in case they have really old stock. There's also a new DesignID [part number] for newer parts, [although that may be related to a minor production or mould change].
    TL;DR you want a non-v2 receiver for that set.
  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Actually to be more accurate - you don't NEED a V2 receiver [even though the parts list has 2 V2 in it], any post 2012 receiver will do.
    The V2 was designed for the 9398 crawler originally, which had higher requirements than the original receiver could supply. Sadly, it had it's own issues, like 2 M motors on one channel would trip the thermal protection, so the redesign was redesigned.