Diacritical marks issue

I noticed a couple of times that all diacritical marks are lost in the name and billing fields on the order detail page [I'm a seller]. For instance this happens a lot with Scandinavian buyers. Is this a problem on the side of the buyer or has it to do with the way the software on BrickOwl is handling characters sets? Luckily I know a bit about Sweden and Norway so I can recognise misspelled street and place names and correct them by doing a Google Maps search... :-)
Regards, Martin

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Wide character issues can cause encoding errors when the source character set is unknown. The main way to avoid the issue is to store everything as UTF8 and then output with proper escaping on final output depending on the delivery (URI, entities, etc, or if being re-stored back to UTF8).
  • I see this quite frequently too but I'm in the same boat here so I can pretty easily tell when some Scandinavian letter is missing. And I also use Google Maps to check addresses. A person's name can be slightly more difficult but being familiar with typical names helps.
  • Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it did appear those characters were be stripped out, this has now been rectified for the creation of new addresses
  • Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it did appear those characters were be stripped out, this has now been rectified for the creation of new addresses
    Very good, thanks!