Text messages and sales

Is there a way that we receive a text message to our phone - when we get a sale?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What about receiving the email notifications on your phone? Isn't that just as good, or better?
  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    no... I want to have my helpers phone number connected - don't want her to get all my email messages... So right now - I do have to text her when I get the email notification. Thought it would be cool if she can handle it all when I'm away.
  • In gmail you can create a filter to recognise just the order emails and then forward them to her.
  • another idea is that I have just a company email address - and she can receive those emails on her phone.
  • As Stellar said you can create a forwarding filter in Gmail if you use Gmail for your own mail (you can do similar automated message forwarding on other mail systems). You can also use the her wireless carrier service's email-to-text gateway service and have the FWD sent to the equivalent of her phone number's email address - which then triggers a TXT message to her phone:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-send-e-mail-to-sms-text/

She'll still have to read her email to view the full message but it's a way to support real-time alerting of messages (if for some reason her phone doesn't have any notification alert sounds for receiving email).