Negative...for following the rules?

We just received our first negative...for following our stated shipping times. A customer made two combined orders from us (on the 22nd and 23rd), and we shipped on the 26th - well within our 5 day processing time.

Since these types of feedback stem from the customer punishing a seller for something unfair (after all, handling times are not exactly hidden), is there a process to have these types of unwarranted feedback removed?

Thanks, and hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My view on this is that removal should be agreed by communication between buyer and seller in cases like this. However, we got a negative on here on Christmas eve because our buyer was not happy his postman did not deliver his order in time for Christmas. There was much further communication between the 2 of us and the shipment was actually delivered on 28th December according to the buyer = not unusual Italian Christmas post delay. The buyer wanted to edit his feedback but the option was not available, I asked him to contact Admin but I guess he thought he wouldn't bother.

My conclusion, it should be possible to edit FB left (only by the party who posted it obviously).

Robert
  • Customers can remove negative (or any feedback) at any time, but it's not currently possible to them leave a new feedback in it's place. We would always suggest trying to resolve the situation with the customer directly.
  • Yep, agree with your logic. My customer did not want to remove his FB if he could not replace it with something else though (I suspect less negative but not smelling of roses either). I think it would be good to give some thought to enabling a replacement FB to be left. Our experience is that many negative FBs are left in haste/frustration but with good communication, differences can be resolved. Return FB rate on BO is not great so getting a neg looks like you have a worse service rating than you do anyway.
    Robert
  • That does sound a bit harsh. 'priority mail' is the option of postal service isn't it?
    Just because they've selected priority mail that doesn't mean you pack it with priority!
    I really don't think that feedback should be allowed.

I'm sure it's been discussed before but I'll bring it up again!
    The problem is when placing an order unless you click on the stores homepage you don't see any info like Dispatch Time.

I've just placed 2 orders using the wishlist and have no idea how long it will take for the orders to be Dispatched! (I'm not in a rush so added that as a note!)
    If I click on the orders I can't see an information telling me when the order is likely to be shipped!

The store information box that's on the homepage should probably be visible at the checkout stage or just the Dispatch time, It should also be included in the order somewhere.

I have an order that was shipped 8 days after I placed an order, currently their page says 2-5 days.
    At the time of posting it might have said 6-14!

Does the Dispatch time include weekends? do we count from the day it was placed?

If I count the next day as 1 and don't include weekends then it was shipped on time!
    Although in my head 2-5 days is exactly that and includes weekends.
    Even then I won't be leaving negative feedback unless they mess up the order as well!

• In our particular situation, the customer has outright refused to communicate - - other than his feedback which presents an unfair and inaccurate representation of the facts if the order.
  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I've said it before on here, but as a buyer I would read anything that says priority as indicating it would be quick. From what you're saying the quick bit only happens after you're done with it, which could be days before the priority thing kicks in. I don't personally see the point of that.
  • I think the Priority mail is a USA thing? Maybe it's just how it's named?

Where as here in the UK it's 1st and 2nd Class, I wouldn't expect my order to get sorted quicker if I picked 1st. just a shorter time in the post!

Personally when I'm in a rush to get parts I do put a note asking if it's possible to get the order posted quicker.
  • The buyer's order was in two parts, so he selected First Class initially. The second half of his order put it over weight forcing it to ship Priority mail. For our part, we shipped 2 days early, yet the buyer still dinged us for his own lack of understanding.
This discussion has been closed.