Payment type

I'm looking for stores that accept payment just through a debit or credit card and not PayPal.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In my store, Bricks in Bins, you can also pay using a credit card.
  • Don't forget you can pay with a credit or debit card via Paypal with or without a Paypal account. The link to do this has got progressively harder to find, but you still can. One caveat - in the UK at least - if the card you're using has been linked to a Paypal account before you MUST use the associated Paypal account with that card [I have no idea if this is UK specific].
  • My store takes credit cards via Stripe A-Bout Bricks
  • The PayPal payment methods here require a login to a PayPal account, so I avoid those stores. Sorry to those stores - I think it's solvable if the linking method here was changed, there is a way to do it where the link to pay via PayPal allows the credit card form to appear up front and not require a login.
  • @JayB-SoCal
    Normally, when you get that login page, there should be a button that allows you to switch towards CC, without having to login to Paypal itself.
  • Why would you not pay with a credit card via PayPal? You get two sets of protection doing it that way. I understand that many sellers have been ripped off by PayPal over the years but I've never heard of major issues for buyers. Genuinely interested.

@RobErNat - that method needs to be allowed by the vendor, presumably BO hasn't done that.
  • @Hoddie Well, I actually had to test it with a random store to see what happens at checkout, must say, being a seller I'm rarely in the situation where I would need my credit card (usually I have 'balance' on PP to make purchases). But it is correct, there is only the PP login page, no button to 'switch' and pay straight from credit card, which differs from other sites, where usually both options appear. So this might indeed be due to a BO setting in regards to the use of the API.
  • Why would you not pay with a credit card via PayPal? You get two sets of protection doing it that way. I understand that many sellers have been ripped off by PayPal over the years but I've never heard of major issues for buyers. Genuinely interested.

I would just prefer if I could simply put in my card info and then where to have my order shipped and be done with it like any other online store. I've never used PayPal and it just seems too complicated.
  • I find quite a few people dislike using PayPal. Payment by credit card via Stripe accepted at my store too, http://xsbricks.brickowl.com/