What "scale" do you build at?

Somewhat related to my other 2 topics posted, I'd be interested to know what scale others like building at. It seems like there are basically 3 scales (maybe 4), plus non-scale-ly size for one-off things like characters or iconic visuals.

- Micro. I consider this where essentially 1 headlight brick (the one with 1 extra inset stud on the side) is about the size of a door or window
- Small. I consider this where the size of a door is about 2 stud widths, and the scale most stylized builders seem to go with.
- Large/regular. This is the size that matches the minifies and common door & window elements and most common sets.

There's also the super-micro scale where the builder finds super-clever ways to represent large structures that are still recognizable at these tiny scales - this scale, though, can not really include representations of windows or doorways but more rather have visual touches that imply the structures. I like the micro scale the best because it offers a reasonably good opportunity for details without losing much architectural flavor and also doesn't use a ton of bricks to accomplish - and can be built faster. It's also more challenging to come up with clever ways to put the bricks together. Cost-wise it uses a lot of smaller-size bricks so it's only a bit less costly than the Small scale.

Comments