Why re-brickable fee?

Why do I ask?

I just noticed on BL there is no fee.

I feel affiliate fees should be absorbed by BrickOwl, even if it means raising BrickOwl commission (likely less than 0.1% would cover it)

I am unaware of any other venue where affiliate fees are passed on to users of a website.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't see any issue with this. If you think it is too much you can always opt out of the affiliation. :smile:

Niek.
  • I don't see why it would be free, it works well and generates orders.
  • Why do I ask?

I just noticed on BL there is no fee.

I feel affiliate fees should be absorbed by BrickOwl, even if it means raising BrickOwl commission (likely less than 0.1% would cover it)

I am unaware of any other venue where affiliate fees are passed on to users of a website.

I imagine the reason is simple, BL was an established marketplace with a massive user-base, and when BO approached Rebrickable, it wasn't. Ticking a small box has brought me lots of extra sales over the last couple of years, sales I wouldn't have had otherwise, and the commission was clearly worth it.
  • I'm curious what the context of this is? This may relate to people who just have stores but curious how these fees come into play? Is it that sales are referred by rebrickable (created part lists) and thus the fee is a reward for the referral?
  • @JayB-SoCal Yup, we pay a little 2.5% to Rebrickable for the orders we receive through that website (for the sellers who ticked the checkbox to opt in).
  • How do I tell what my rebrickable total is to date? I haven't had to pay the fee yet.
  • Never mind, my box is not ticked.