shipping price was charged different then what I have set up

I'm a little confused on the price I charged him for shipping - I hope this was just a one time deal.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sometimes parts don't have proper dimensions defined, and the system falls back to using a shipping method that will work. Check the order items, look for "missing dimensions data" or something similar.
    Also, sometimes people deliberately pick a more expensive shipping method, as it might give faster service, better coverage, or it sounds better to them. When checking out, BO presents all possible shipping methods, not just the cheapest one you defined.
  • Thanks for the suggestion - I created the shipping method in 2014 never had this problem - I have two now. I use the Band method 0-3 oz is a certain price but it is lower than I requested - very strange.
  • oh i also only have two options - first class shipping and request a quote.
  • @MeanGeek
    You are not giving full details... It is impossible to 'guess' what exactly happend when part of the details are missing...
    Based on your statements, I'm 'guessing' the buyer requested a quote, you offered one, but then the buyer checked out with a predetermined shipping method that turns out to be cheaper? Is that correct? If so, then either the quote you send was 'overrated' compared to your pre-determined shippingoptions, or something in the order doesn't have the right 'dimensions' or 'weight'... The only way to 'solve' that is to examine your order and file 'adjustments' if there are errors with dimensions or weights of certain items...
    Buyers will always be offered *all* options in their cart, so if you send a qoute and they go back to their cart, they will still see (and be able to select) any other available option...
  • I'm not sure how i'm not giving full details besides the exact price of shipping. I have only two options and I have checked the weight. I had to add 38 cents to my shipping to get the price that I want. There is obvious a glitch somewhere.
  • I have no idea what you're talking about :)

Did you copy one of the "shared" shipping methods which was out-of-date? Bottom line is that only you can set your own shipping methods, there are none 'built-in' to BrickOwl. Some users do share the methods they themselves created, but it's always possible that they're not kept updated to the latest post rates.
  • @MeanGeek If you are referring to the price of the shipping being less than expected, for the weight band that the order is in, this may be because of how you have your tax settings setup. You have your tax settings set to reduce your prices for customers where the tax profile does not apply, and it is set up to also apply to the shipping cost. Therefore if a customer who is not within the tax zipcodes places an order, their shipping cost will be reduced. Usually USA Tax users would have the tax profile setup to add the tax on to the customers that it applies to.
  • Lawrence you are correct!! mystery is solved!!