Negative Feedback

I received a negative feedback recently.

I understand that feedback is a means for customers to express their opinion of how a store operates on many different levels.

but is there a standard for why negative feedback may be left...

I delivered high quality parts for a reasonable price and a very quick turn around...

the negative was received because the buyer was international, and had to pay VAT & fee due to the value of their order.

As far as I know the VAT & Import Tax are a responsibility of the buyer/importer, not the seller, unless, of course, an agreement concerning such fees is reached before hand.

I do not attach any unknown fees to my orders, and would definitely cover any postage due, had I shipped a package incorrectly...
but now, with this negative, I feel that some buyers may think that I try to sneak in hidden fees, which could potentially hurt my business.....

and I feel powerless to even try to contradict the negative, as there is no means to even reply to negative feedback...

Other markets reserve the right to remove negative feedback if it is due to something beyond the responsibility of the seller...

...so tl/dr
does brickowl offer any quality control over unreasonable feedback
and
how do other stores handle VAT...my country does not have VAT, so it is not something I ever think about...

Judah

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Buyer is responsible for educating themselves about any and all import regulations. Perhaps an automatic warning to this effect is necessary at final checkout. Doesn't help you but might prevent future issues.

The ability to reply to feedback is long overdue on Brickowl.
  • That really sucks :(

I don't know if @admin @Lawrence will remove it - but worth asking.

I believe it is a global rule/law? That the "importer of record" is responsible for customs fees. Not the exporter (you). Amazon have found a way to prepay and charge the importer (including duty in the item price).

As a suggestion, in the note/comment area for shipping method add something like "Customs tax and/or duty charged as well as any related fees, is your responsibility. " - that is what I have on all international methods.

It would be nice if @Lawrence would find a way of informing international buyers site wide.

G
  • @vonveederbrick
    I can't see a negative on your account, so I can only assume Admin Lawrence already took action, in accordance with the 'terms' of the site. It will still remain his judgement call on each situation, but if the buyer left a negative and it was left for this particular reason (import taxes) then IMHO it 'always' qualifies for 'removal'.
    The strange part about the 'no longer existing' negative, is that your account still says you have a 99.91% feedback, now that might be a system bug, normally it should say '100%' again, so maybe @Lawrence should have a look at that (unless it will be adjusted automaticly in the next few hours when the site 'refreshes') ;-)

There is however a 'personal' observation on the calculation, which might be interesting to explore from BO's side...
    This member has 'imported' 1100 feedbacks, based on that, a (hypothetical) 'deserved' feedback leads to have this seller still have a 99,91% positive feedback, yet he only had 43 from BO's buyers, so technicly a 97,67% feedback. Now the lower the imported 'score' the higher this will result in lower % *and* the higher the 'imported' score the 'lower' the impact... So sellers with higher 'imports' simply have a higher advantage, as it will impact them 'less' in the % score.
    Now that doesn't seem 'honest', sure, those 'imported' feedback will be 'purged' after a year and will 'settle' things, but for 2 sellers who simply imported a different score around the same period, 1 or 2 'negatives' will have a total different effect in the % while they might have had the same number of actual BO orders. From my point of view, the % should always be calculated on the 'real' amount of feedbacks received, *not* on the 'imported'+'actual' in total, as it kinda 'falsifies' things and doesn't give a real reflection of a sellers overal 'behaviour' based on *this site* buyers experiances.
    That being said, it's just an observation 'in general' ;-)
  • Thank you for the replies and good suggestions....

on a positive note, Brickowl did contact me about the feedback and said that because its due to Import taxes that they would invalidate the feedback..

I am glad to know that brickowl will take the concerns of its members serious, and work quickly to remedy them....

thanks again, I am happy to be a part of this community.
    Judah