Could we have a custom payment method option?

and/or perhaps a means to hold order open?

I have several customers coming back every few days to buy a few more parts - I am not certain, as they never ask, but I imagine they may like to be able to consolidate orders. As I ship same or next day it is rare that they will get to use the "combine" option unless they place two orders consectutively.

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Graham
    I can somehow understand that reasoning, but the downside is 'long term' open orders.
    I've had a case myself with a buyer on BL keeping and order open for over 5 months, and in the end I even had to go trough an NPB to get 'paid', my friend Stefaan (Elias3) even had a returning buyer keeping more then 1 order 'open' for 6-9 months... It's 'horror' when you get cases like that, as you can't update your stock unless you pick it, then it stays 'hanging' around somewhere on your desk or storage area (and things may fall out), then the buyer 'adds' and you need to change the packaging, and other issues on top: Shippingcosts might change in the mean while (new postal rates), handling costs as well, then what??
    The whole idea on BO is to have 'instant' checkout with 'instant' payment, but you can do some settings to allow buyers to add a few items in the next few hours after the order was placed, There are 'combined' options to cover additional 'fees', it's great and it works, I love it, but for me, soon it's processed, it's 'done', if they need more, they are going to have to come back and reach minimum again, that's part of deal....
    Sounds a bit harsh, but it's the reality... when you go to a grocery store and you forget something, then you need to go back the next day,and spend time and money at the counter 'again', BO is like that as well. The 'way' for buyers to avoid such: create a 'shopping' list (aka whislist) and walk down every isle before going to the actual checkout... Sure it takes more time, but it avoids having to go 'back' every few days ;-)
  • ... With a time limit set by store. On BL my limit was seven days - if the customer exceeded that (without my agreement) - I cancelled the order.

Here it would simply be a case of the cart being "emptied" by cancelling the order and returned to stock.

No big deal on store owner - better for customer ( @Lawrence )
  • So... you are basically suggesting to add some checkout option that tells the seller "don't ship yet, I intend to order more".

Personally, I think this is fairly uncommon and probably not worth the added complexity of an option that might confuse some customers.

On the other hand, you could invite these customers to add some note to their order, instructing you to delay the shipping...
  • I do not have the described problem. Normally i keep the order open for one week then put the invoice through unless the buyer contact me to keep the longer open. until now it always works and if they make a hassle about it .... please read the store terms before ordering :)

I should implement it as an option for a shipping method/payment method. When a specific method is selected with the delay shipping option, the customer can select a box which says, wait with shipping this order. But it should clearly state that within xx days the order will be prompted for payment/shipping/cancelled (depending on would be implemented).

If you tie it up to an payment method like paypal/stripe you can just pay the order as normal. But when the customer adds items the addition will be payed directly. If you don't get an addition in xx days the order will be shipped as is. So you get the best of 2 world, no cancelled order and the customer gets the option to add items ?

On the other hand, things can get complicated and not userfriendly ?

Just idea's maybe @lawrence can do something with them :)
This discussion has been closed.